Bit Defender 2015 Final -License Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hawki, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Bit Defender 2015 Final line of products have been released.

Does anyone know BD's policy in using the remainder of a license for a prior product (BD 2014) in a newer version (BD 2015)?

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

OK ;-) LOL

I'll try it and let you know. :)

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Yes, remainder of 2014 BD license is good for new BD 2015 Final product line.

Very smooth and fast install.

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Well so much for BD 2015 for my PC.

There is a new feature in the new Optimizer. It's a start-up program delay program and it also shows the time it takes for each program to start. For BD to gather the info a reboot is required. So that's what I did.

On my first and successive attempts to reboot with BD 2015 installed my PC could not boot into Windows 8. The problem happened repeatedly.

Eventually Windows 8 showed the Blue Screen that says "Windows Failed to Correctly Boot on its Last Attempt" that can take you to the Advanced Start-Up Options Page from which I was able to use System Restore to restore my PC to the state it was in prior to installing BDIS 2015.

The restore was successful :) and BD 2015 was gone and it will remain gone forever, which I am not happy about because BD2015 looked good and my PC was running fast and smoothly with it installed. Internet download speeds were excellent also.

Of course, I will never know if the issue was caused by BD2015 or by my PC or by some conflict with another program on my machine.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Too bad. Hope that doesn't happen to me in a couple weeks when my current non BD license expires. Have to take another current image right before.

6. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I previously had BD 2014 installed, just to be sure I ran the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool after I did the regular uninstall. Installing BD 2015 went without problems, after updating it required a reboot. The reboot also went without problems. So far everything is running fine under Windows 8.1 Pro. I won't touch the new optimizing tools, also I left the profiles option disabled, since I think that's not a job for a security suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.