bios bug detected #81 (000fdcf0)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by belgiumrom, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belgiumrom

belgiumrom Registered Member

Hello guys,
    I have Acronis True Image 9.0 Build 2337. I created a rescue CD from this version which I used numerous times before. Today I tried to restore an image I created for my Compaq Presario V6110CA notebook. First off, rescue CD takes a long time to boot, then gives me the message I quoted above "bios bug detected #81 (000fdcf0)". After it boots in the GUI interface and I try to see my networked places I can't-no network booting I said, ok-will get off a USB storage device.
    The USB device is seen, I can select the image to restore but right after I click on next to restore it freezes completely. I left it alone for 2 hours but nothing happened. I tried with other versions rescue CD's but the result is the same. I looked in FAQ's for this specific error but I couldn't find it so I'm posting now...
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. belgiumrom

belgiumrom Registered Member

:)
    never mind guys, I followed the instructions posting on this forum (which I didn't read b4-DUH!!!), I rewrote the BIOS, gave the noapic command at the linux boot and now the image is restoring fine...
    thanks

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

you could try updating to the latest build and see of th eproblem is still there.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.