Bing Bar 7.0 "Important" Update?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by dw426, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Is anyone else getting an update notification in Windows Update regarding this? I don't have it already installed, nor do I want it. My question though is why on earth is this thing listed as "Important"? That title should be reserved for security updates only. I also get some "Search Enhancement Pack" under "Important" as well, but I guess that's a separate topic. I don't even know what the heck that is.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Nope. Win7 64bit. Just hide it/them. There must be some component on your machine (of some other software) which makes WU offer it.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks, Cudni. I did a Google search for the search enhancement, so you're probably right. I still don't quite get the Bing Bar thing though.

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Default Windows Live Essentials install comes with this junk. (One of the possibilities.)

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well I do have Windows Live (why I don't know, I guess that's what I get for letting Windows update me automatically for so long before I knew better). Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.