BIG Problems With DVD Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by webdude, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdude

webdude Registered Member

Hi

I am a newbie to the software. I have only just installed it and am having problems creating an image to an external dvd+/-rw usb 2.0 drive. I am using a dvd+/-rw disk.

I am using the create image wizard, after click the proceed button I get a popup message

I00640003: Please insert the first media. Please insert a cd and then press ok when you are ready or cancel to cancel the operation. Etc etc etc.

I want to create an image and boot disk of a fresh install.

Thanks

WD

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Can you create a DVD disk with the software that came with the external DVD drive? That would confirm that you have installed any necessary drivers.

TrueImage can only write to pre-formatted DVD+RW or DVD-RW disks using packet writing software such as Roxio Drag-to-Disk on Nero InCD. The Roxio software can format a DVD+R disk also. Check that you have a program of this type installed, format your DVD disk and try again.

3. webdude

webdude Registered Member

i am using nero incd. so TI cant right directly to the dvd drive?

thanks

wd

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello wd,

Yes. Make sure InCD is running in the background and your DVD+/-DVD is UDF formatted (open Windows Explorer, right click on your DVD burner and select InCD Format) prior to creating the image.

If not already using version 4.3.11.1 of InCD I strongly recommend that you download and install <Update-Package 3 from Nero's web site>. This latest version automatically disables Windows XP's own drag-and-drop CD recording feature that could sometimes prevent TI imaging to CD/DVD.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.