Big problem with multiple "move partition" tasks

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by n0reas0n, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0reas0n

n0reas0n Registered Member

Hi .. I tried to re-size my 1tb disk (Basic Hard disk 2) and split it to one partition of almost 150gb and one of 825gb .. The disk has 700gb of data.

I moved the hd size bars several times in order to find the size i wanted to select and after i choose to apply the settings i have this screen with 20 tasks of "move partition" and time to finish 9 just for the first..
    i cant cancel the task because i will loose data and my problem is that if each one of the tasks needs 9 hours (like the first) this is going to take a week to finish o_O

any suggestions ??

tnnx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Re: Big problem with multiple "move partion" tasks

If you adjusted the partition, clicked Yes, and clicked through the same process over multiple times, technically you separate each individual tasks and now the job is being carried out one by one. I strongly do not recommend interrupting and leave the task to run overnight. Otherwise you're looking at possible data loss.

3. n0reas0n

n0reas0n Registered Member

Thnx for the quick reply..
    I will leave it for sure for several hours.. hope it will finish all other tasks faster than the first ...

thnx

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Good luck with the completion, though the partitioning should be done by now....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.