Big Problem :Windows 7 , eset smart security 4 and downloding probem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MafiaMan, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MafiaMan

MafiaMan Registered Member

So the story goes like this . It's repeating since build 6956 an sc4 rc . While downloading with IDM or jDownloader ( i supposse other to) from RS,MS, after few hour's my memory usage goes to 1900+/2000mb and OS goes wild . Blue screen's , network not working etc. Few month earlier i thougt it was about buggy W7 but here we are today , Build 7100 and newest version of Eset and the stuff is the same . Finally i decided to change AV software. And look. With eset gone everything is working normally. I can finally set my downloads and leave my notebook for few days to downlod it . I recall i didn't have this problem with build 6801 and first versions of Eset 4 . I would really like to sort this out becouse i really like eset and currenty using pre-release of norton which expires in 11 days :mad: . Please people :D

thanks !

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did you 'upgrade' your laptop form Vista to W7 or did you perform a clean install?

I'm using W7 as an upgrade on my laptop and ESS 4.0.424 with no problems now, but I found I had to uninstall completely and re-install to get over the firewall driver not working properly and W7 sulked at a couple of IBM utilities.

I wonder if your problem is down to something similar with manufacturer supplied background utilities that are somehow interfering with ESS. Of course if you perfomred a clean install and did not add back in the utilities then that can't be the answer.

Ah yes double check auto defraggers if you ahve one running in the background.

3. MafiaMan

MafiaMan Registered Member

at first i did the upgrade from build 7000 ,but then i've been modding some system files and manage to crash the whole OS. So now i'm on a clean install. As for background app's , i only have ati tool and cpu cool ( OC Utility) . But it's not about OC. It's elder notebook ( Pentium M 770, 2GB, X700...) so i don't use it's utility's since XP (3-4 years) . About defrag,i use just MS's once in a month . I can write you the list of program's that are installed if it helps (58 ). Also , is there a way i can save a LOG file of eset or windows when the memory usage start to grow while downloding and having eset installed ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.