Beyond Class Trojan??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by JerryM, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

This morning while running my weekly scan, the NAV found a trojan, Beyond Class. Norton could not repair the file, but quarantined it. Subsequently I deleted it. I am ru;nning an online trojan scan, and so far it has not shown up. A second scan of Norton did not show it, so I guess I was able to delete it from the Norton quarantine folder.

Does anyone know anything about this trojan? I have reported it to Symantec, but probably will not hear for several days.

I do not have an anti trojan program. What is a good one that will be compatible with NAV and my Kerio firewall?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks,
    I have seen them discussed in times past, and now I'll get more interested. I will see which ones seem to be preferred.

Jerry

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

It's not really a trojan but a java exploit like byte verifier

so if you have updated java to the latest M$ VM or you have SUN java , you shouldn't be exposed to the exploit

the "dodgy" files will be in your java cache so if you have sun java the go to control panel/ click on java control/ cache and empty cache

If you use M$ java still then empty temp internet files

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the help. I did as suggested with the Jave cache.
    Symantec told me to delete it. I did, and then dl A2, and ran it. It did not show any trojans. I guess there are bette anti-trojans than A2, but that was a fast way to get one.

Any suggestions as to an anti-trojan program when I get a new computer in a few months?

Jerry

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks.
    I have been downloading AV, and security programs and put them on a disk so that if my computer crashes I will have them to put on the new one before I get on the web.
    I am not sure if I should download the paid trial versions such as the NOD 32 or KAV or not. I would not use them until I get the new machine. I have NAV 2003 and while it has been good, I intend to go to something like KAV.

Jerry

10. Blackspear

I would leave this until the week before you get your new system as programs change and update…

As per above, except you may like to try these a few weeks prior to see which you are happy with…

11. Untouchable

Untouchable Guest

well i tryed it all but it wont remove the beyond class thing..even my NAV 2005 wont pick it up with scan.... now what?

12. Blackspear

From what I have just read you should be able to remove this by following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning.

If these steps do not resolve your situation, you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found here and post your log at one of the forums found at A-SAP. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

The steps mentioned in General Cleaning use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum.

Once your system is clean, you may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

This is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.