Beware of Hitfilm Express

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, Mar 12, 2022.

1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I had installed Hitfilm Express last year on my old Win 10 laptop. It screwed up the system big time after unable to use and uninstalling. I had to use the system restore point. Today I tried it again on my newly built month old Win 11 desktop pc. I had to go through loops of fire rings to get it activated although it was free. Then I could not open any of my mp4 or mpeg videos in it. I uninstalled at last. Then horror began all over again. I restarted the system but Firefox and Edge would not work. They would not connect to the internet and Firefox would not open any bookmarks, top sites or any websites. Could not open Windows Security and a the system would just hang for every couple of minutes. Once again system restore came to the rescue and now everything is back to normal. Nothing changed for the software. Windows Security did not flag it as a malware so I guess it is just a very buggy suspicious software. Now I have opened a ticket with their support team to remove their account. As usual once you register and open an account there is no option to remove it.

I wanted to share my experience with everybody to warn against this buggy software. It will leave your system livid.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I hate it when something like this happens.

hitfilmexpress.jpg

Their site claims:

The program works with the following minimum system requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer Mac OS X 10.9 or newer

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz or higher

Memory: 4 GB or greater

Graphics Card: Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics card with at least 512 MB memory

The app also has the following recommended system requirements:

Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer Mac OS X 10.9 or newer

Processor: Intel Core i5 or higher

Memory: 8 GB or greater

Graphics Card: Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics card with at least 1 GB memory

I've never used this software but I have a feeling it hasn't probably been properly updated since Win 7. I'm glad you successfully removed it.

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

sounds strange, but pity for you.
    were you able to install and run it inside sandboxie?
    or using shadow defender to reset windows after session?

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It was last updated in December and the following link states that it requires Windows 10.
    https://fxhome.com/product/hitfilm-express
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Editors/HitFilm-Standard.shtml
    Maybe it was just an issue with your system. I've seen multiple sites recommend it as one of the best video editors.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.