Better Uninstaller for Windows

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinso, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Installing; Uninstalling lots of softwares on PC, is what we do most of the times, Which is possible after having access to Internet. But Uninstalling most of the times leave behind many Registry Entry,not to mention .dll file some folders in Program files and Windows\Sys32 folder, which the default ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS fails to do so in Winxp\Vista\Win7. Making PC to use more System Resources and eventually slows down the PC.(Many users will agree with me)
    At present i m using CCleaner and Premium Booster 3.0 and now 3.6 that was given as GAOTD. Can someone mention/recommend some other tools which u are using and that can perform a complete Uninstallation.

Many thanks.:D

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Revo Uninstaller

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Revo and ZSoft.

4. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Revo works great but free version will only uninstall 32-bit programs (i.e., still have to use Windows uninstaller for 64-bit programs).

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I heartily recommend Zsoft. Zsoft monitors when you install software, and records every change made during that installation. Thus, Zsoft has the full information needed to do a through uninstallation.

Zsoft is free.

Another good option is TotalUninstall -- not free but well worth the price if you want a fully supported uninstaller with a long-time organization & a huge community of users backing it up.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Are you sure about that? I know Revo doesn't offer a 64bit version of their program for free, but I'm pretty certain I've been using it to uninstall 64bit programs these last few weeks. By the way, you need to be very careful using Revo to clean out leftover entries. On more than one occasion it has flagged entries related to IE as being a part of the uninstalled program. I had to reinstall IE once because I put too much trust in Revos' scanning.

7. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Zsoft is new to me, although for me it didn't perform well.
    I h' been using portable TotalUninstall 4.0 which Avira seems to detect TDropper something ..(Trojan) although my PC hasn't changed after using it.

I did a thorough search and came up with Youruninstaller 2010 which seems equal in performance to TotalUninstall and the other Final Uninstaller.

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Working like a charm here.

There isn't an official portable build TotalUninstall 4.0, so Avira detection isn't false positive probably.

If it seems equal in performance to TotalUninstall, it's an equal thing only seemingly. The same with Final Uninstaller.

9. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Positive. To test it, install a 64-bit program such as 7Zip (obviously, make sure to download and install the 64-bit version). After installing, go into Windows uninstaller and the program will be there for you to uninstall. If you open Revo, it will not be there since it's 64-bit.

10. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Tested and confirmed, thanks Infinity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.