Better program for anti telemetry then Antibeacon?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cyro44, Feb 11, 2017.

1. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

Hi im a novice user and been using spybot Antibeacon however ive heard there are better options. Id love something open source and been tempted to try disable windows 10 spying but ive read that it can cause ALOT of issues open installing and my restore doesnt work well for some reason. Is there anything else I can try? Or is Anti beacon my best bet even though its closed source?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

you should uninstall and forget any spybot trash software. if, then o&o shutup or w10privacy - on our own risk, dont do without backup/image.
    but if you wont telemetrie you should leave Microsoft and windows - microsoft downforced such features to windows 8/7. at least its all more or less paranoid, any browser tells more about you surf behavior than microsoft windows. locking features is the wrong way from my view, blocking targets is better but then with windows features and not with 3rd-party crap.

"windows 10 firewall control" from sphinxsoft now introduced the feature to block telemetrie - omg

btw are you using an android smartphone?

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

4. cyro44

cyro44 Registered Member

thanks for the reply's, i use an i phone with Firefox focus and duck duck go browser, is that the better choice ?

btw Im using shut up now, is it open source?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  5. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I believe that the Enable checkmark makes the enforcement optional. And the listed domains can all be changed to allow traffic instead of denying telemetry.

6. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

7. Brummelchen

8. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

9. Boblvf

Boblvf Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  10. Brummelchen

any special reason for that? anything fine here after upgrade, but i have disabled the telemetrie nonsense. my own rules dont include a telemetrie rule like the default

11. Boblvf

Boblvf Registered Member

Salut,

You lose the basic telemetry rules.

12. Brummelchen

again - i dont care about telemetrie - i have disabled the rules nor do i use the given zones/rules.
    so again i ask - why dont use my settings from older versions?

w10fc updates all pre-defined rules (like all versions before) and put a (pre) into name of the old rules which i can delete after update - the programs are still bound to the original name. but my own zones are not concerned, thats why i ask.

13. Boblvf

Boblvf Registered Member

You are not alone in the world.

14. Brummelchen

you speak in riddles and you dont answered my question - again. i think you dont have any clue what i am speaking about nor you have deeper knowledge of w10fc. throwing a dead fish is poor. ignored.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.