Beta2 - Amon set-up screen won't close

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by spy1, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

After properly un-installing the release version (including shutting down AMON and taking it out of start-up, as well as the mail portion) and having already d/l'ed the Beta2, I installed the Beta2 and started setting my preferences for Amon.

When I got done, I tried to close out the right-side window where I'd been making my selections and it won't close.

Ended Task with Task Manager.

Tried to do a check for updates, and it kept asking me for my password. Is it wanting the password that you get when you register the program? Anyway, it never would check for updates.

On NOD32 System set-up screen, I can't highlight OR right-click anything below where it says "Settings" in the right-hand window (I was able to set the "Settings" screen with all its' tabs with the "Setup" button for that feature - but how do I turn "Use of graphics" OFF if neither left/right-clicking it doesn't DO anything?

I'm starting to wish I hadn't been quite this bored this afternoon! :) Pete

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hoping that a re-start of the system would help, I did that - and promptly got the following alert from OutPost Pro.

Got that to go away (don't know at the moment whether my firewall is working or not) and found that now, at least, The Amon r.h. screen would close.

Still can't highlight any of the entries in the r.h. screen of NOD32 SYSTEM Set-Up.

Haven't had any luck getting the damned thing to update yet, either.

What is it wanting for the password? Pete

Attached Files:

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Okay, shut down ALL the way and left it off for awhile, then started back up.

No warning message from OP, this time.

Still can't get this thing to update (still have 1.359 for the DB).

Listen, the username is supposed to be en-xxxxxxx and the password I'm supposed to be using is kgxxxxxxxx , right? When it's asking for the username and password when I try to update it?

Out of time for today. BBT. Pete

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Pete,

Even though the pass and user are *there* when you go to update, for some reason it want you to enter them again. <shrug> You only have to do this for the first update, it will recognize it from then on. I simply did a cut and paste from my password manager.

HTH
    Phil

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Got it.

It was a capital "E" (finally dug out my hard-copy of my reg key). Pete

(Sigh) Everything working correctly (got "Use window graphics" turned off, too - finally found that again).

Dear God, where's the coffee? :) Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.