BETA: Today's bugs

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Thorz, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

These ones are the bugs that I found today on the beta:

1. Windows update not working correctly. (IMON)
    2. Moving files in Windows XP not working correctly.
    3. Still the slow XP shutdown / restart problem that was reported by several users 6 months ago. (IMON)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Slow shutdown, IMON related, also on my machines, only annoying when I want to leave work in a hurry ;)

Lsass discussed here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42450

and here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=35206&highlight=IMON

Cheers :D

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

As for the slow shut down on XP... Since I have installed SP2 RC2 the problem has diappeared. Hopefully the situation will remain the same in the official release.

4. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

As far as Windows update not working correctly, make sure that under IMON setup/Compatiblilty setup, that Mozilla 4 is set to 'higher comaptibility' (all instances of Mozilla 4.) This should fix this problem

Steve

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

You can't use Mozilla for Windows Update. I think you mean that should be IE set to higher compatibility, but I thought WU uses https and then ftp for file transfer. This isn't even an issue on my system. I didn't have any problems with the end of July update for IE.

6. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I am installing now the last beta from a link that I got from ESET. I have had ONE mozilla 4 in High Performance as it is by default. It is the only thing that was in high performance, all the other things were in "Higher compatibility", even IE, extrange (as I told I have not moved anything in this section, it is all defaults), maybe they are still in compatibility mode because it is just the beta, hopefuly we will enjoy high performance in some more apps when the final version is ready.

7. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

In IMON HTTP compatibility setup, IE is identified (properly) as Mozilla 4.

Steve

8. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

The last beta didn't work, but Steve advise about "higher compatibility" did. The thing that really worries me is the issue whith moving files. It goes away right afr\ter disabling AMON. This is something really critical. I will keep you all posted.

9. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I have returned to the official version. I think the moving files between partitions bug was really scary. You all should run a small test to see if you are having this problem also. Move a folder (with explorer) with lots of subfolders and lots of different files (exe triggers the problem easy, I have had lots of documments, zip, rar and exe files) between 2 disks or partitions and see if AMON is not making the process quit with a Windows error.

10. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

No problems here - win2k

Ruben

11. GScharoff

GScharoff Registered Member

I transferred files without any problems :D But I am having problems with SLOWWWWWW shutdown :( sometimes as long as 10 minutes or more. I did have that on the previous version not the Beta...but when I removed the Beta and temporarily restored the current version the long shutdown seemed to be gone...but I have reinstalled the Beta (thought the Beta was causing a different problem) and now the slow shutdown has reappeared. Since I am new to the board and spent months trying to figure out why I was acutally falling asleep faster than my computer was shutting down, I am sort of glad to find out that it is NOT a problem with the computer but somewhat concerned that it is infact NOD32 causing the problem.

Gary

12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

10 minutes is WAY too long, 30 seconds is way too long... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.