Beta test version of NOD32 Remote Administrator v1.0.11 released

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by agoretsky, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

A beta-test release of the Remote Administrator for NOD32 (NOD32RA) is now publicly available. Version 1.0.11 beta 2 contains the following changes:
    • database maintenance features have been improved with clean-up, compact and repair options
    • logging has been enhanced with rotation (maximum number of alerts to store), Windows application and debug log options
    • server options have been extended
    • improved filtering for groups
    • license keys can now be uploaded
    • the network can now be browsed from within the Remote Administrator from the viewpoint of the server (for push installs)
    • added synchronization options for workgroups and Active Directory
    • SMTP authentication - the username and password for messages sent via email by NOD32RA can now be set
    • the Remote Administrator Console’s environment (columns, filters) settings can now be saved
    • new online help and user’s guide (PDF format)
    • NOD32 v2.51.26 ENU is bundled with this release
    • CFGEDIT v1.27.021 ENU is bundled with this release
    • improved and repaired minor problem with remote installation
    • changed internal storage structure
    • other internal enhancements of console and server
    NOTE: Before installing the beta test version make a backup copy of the NOD32RA.MBD database file located in the existing NOD32 Remote Administrator Server directory, which is typically "C:\Program Files\ESET\RA\Server\" but may vary based on how your software was installed.

More information including download instructions for the beta test release will be available on ESET's Beta Download page shortly. A valid license key for NOD32RA is required to download the beta test release.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  2. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

Hello. Could you please define "shortly"? Not trying to be pushy, but it's almost been a week and it'd be great to test out this new beta.

By the way, the beta page is broken. The form says "State/Province (US & Canada Only):", except if I leave the box empty it complains. Secondly, if I submit the form, someone from Sales contacts me the next day asking about my "new order I submitted the day before". Saying that, I don't think I'm registered for beta testing! :(

Also, not being picky, but "released" and "shortly" don't really work. It's either released (available now) or it'll be available shortly. o_O

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

This has happened already.

Cheers :)

4. agoretsky

Hello,

It should be available in about one (1) business day on the U.S. web site. It is already available for download on the Slovakian web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. agoretsky

Hello,

The beta-test version of NOD32 Remote Administrator is now available from the U.S. web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. wlr3

wlr3 Registered Member

Does this new version still require all clients to have "File and Print Sharing" enabled?

I prefer to disable this on my network for security reasons as well as browselist clutter.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi A1SteakSauce, as your post wasn't related to the topic at hand I have moved it to its own thread HERE.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.