Beta 4 scans registry?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by nostic, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostic

nostic Registered Member

So I've been searching and scowering these forums trying to find the answer to this but I can’t. Does ESET scan the registry looking for threats or remnants’ of threats during a scan?

From what I've gathered from other posters is that it cleans the registry when it find malicious software other places but it doesn’t actually scan the registry looking for malware or viruses. The issue I have with that is in a recent scan I did (Had no option to scan the registry on location list) it had to have scanned the registry...it scanned 132,000 files. The only way it scanned that many files is if it went though the registry. Can I get a sold and definitive answer on how active eset is with registry scanning? Thanks!

-nos

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5277/esetto0.jpg

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Nod32 does not scan the the registry, and the application does not have integration to read the binary data out of a registry .dat file. 132k files is a completely normal number of files to be scanned by a full system scan. It is most likely higher than you expect because it is counting the contents of the compressed volumes it deflates to scan.

3. nostic

nostic Registered Member

Yup...figured that one out when I actually took the time to watch it scan...ALL MY COMPILED JARS...lol

thanks for the reply though!

-nos

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The integrated ESET SysInspector module can be used to examine parts of the registry affected by malware. To access it, open the ESET NOD32 Antivirus user interface and either selecting Tools → SysInspector from the main menu or pressing Ctrl+I and then clicking on the Create button. You can also run ESET SysInspector directly by selecting Programs → ESET→ ESET NOD32 Antivirus → ESET SysInspector from the Start Menu (or Start Orb).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.