Best Way to use Freeze and Perfect Disk 8

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Long View, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I been playing with Freeze for a few days and noticed that every time I rebooted Perfect disk 8 was far from perfect. So I defragmented and then refroze. Is there any way to run PD then freeze and always have the machine boot to a reasonable defragmented condition ? Freeze seems to just leave the drive in a mess. should I exclude any files ?

2. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

That is exactly why I use powershadow. I noticed this too using a frozen snapshot and the fragmented state it leaves your drive in so now I use powershadow and it keeps the drive in near pristine state after a defrag from perfect disk 8. I suppose you could try to use powershadow inside a frozen snapshot if you insist on using a frozen snapshot. I don't need to defragment nearly as much now using powershadow.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Have changed to Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier. on reboot now reads 1 fragmented and 1 excess. Now that I have changed everything to manual updates freeze looks like a long term solution - especially for family and friends who can mess up a clean machine just by looking at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.