Best VPN package

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by bin_asc, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bin_asc

bin_asc Registered Member

Does anyone know a good VPN package like www.steganos.com has to offer ? I am using Metropipe, I use steganos, and I need to know if there are any other good types of VPN. And I still need to know which do you consider is the best.Also, the first must be good in encryption, can let you at least choose what encryption methods do use. Findnot.com is busted, they have a security breach, I need to know a really good VPN provider, and affordable.

Regards,
    Adrian

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Usenet rumors because they were down for a few days. What evidence do you have they have truly been compromised?

3. bin_asc

Only what metropipe said.That`s enough when you want a trully good VPN.And their site stinks at graphics.Nothing prolike.

4. bin_asc

I like metropipe, and I need to know if there is any better than steganos or metropipe has to offer.

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

The ironic thing about Metropipe saying that is that THEY are the ones who have been accused for years in Usenet groups of being a government setup.

Actually, FindNot was a superior service to Metropipe, in every way. Quality graphics, or not. However, I am also suspect about FindNot's three-day outage without explanation. But to think Metropipe is somehow safer is taking a mighty big risk.

6. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

7. bin_asc

Alphalutra1, I need a solution for cable modems, not wireless.
    And as for the rest, I don`t want to argue with metropipe nor findnot, i need a good service similar to them, or them.I need pros and cons.Anyone ?

8. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

This looks interesting. Surely there's a catch? I've not had much luck finding any reviews, do you have any links to proper reviews?

9. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

It will work for any internet connection type. All it does is install a driver on windows which intercepts all communications out of the computer and encrypts them with 256 bit AES encrytpion and then sends it to their server (I think in Germany) and out to the world, so your isp has no clue what you are doing.

If you want to setup your own server on your home network and then start a vpn tunnel to it remotely I would recommend OpenVPN.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

10. bin_asc

I`ll check.As for building my own VPN, to much hassle.Servers I do have, but I would rather pay someone, and if something screwes up, i can sue them LOL, just kidding.

11. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Works nicely, even with Tor.:thumb:

12. ms64o

ms64o Registered Member

What exactly do you mean with "better"? Cheaper, faster, easier?

ms64o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.