"Best Value" Budget B&W Laser Printers

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Has anyone done any research to find the current "Best Value" Budget B&W Laser Printer. Best Value = Low hardware cost + low cost per page for toner?

Brother has in the past been low hardware cost + low cost per page for toner (when using "compatible" toner cartridges). I am not sure about the new models that were released recently. For the new models, some toner resellers are showing "compatible" toner cartridges which are shown as "Out-of-Stock".

Thanks in Advance.

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

3. TheKid7

My Brother HL-2140 B&W Laser Printer arrived yesterday. I have already printed about 100 pages. It seems to be working well. It came with a "1,000" page "starter" toner cartridge. I just placed an order for a "compatible" 2,600 page toner cartridge ($16.95 delivered) for when the "starter" toner cartridge runs out. $0.0065/page for toner is a reasonable price.

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Good deal, Kid! Hope the machine continues to work well for you! :)

5. justenough

justenough Registered Member

That's the printer I have, TheKid, it's been great with no problems.

6. TheKid7

I see that one of the "compatible" toner cartridge online resellers is now showing a TN-450 for ~$30. This is ~50% more cost per page than the TN-360. However, the "compatible" TN-450 availability is good news. At least a person who buys one of those new Brother B&W laser printer models won't have to buy one of those high dollar Brother OEM toner cartridges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.