"Best Value" Budget B&W Laser Printers

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Has anyone done any research to find the current "Best Value" Budget B&W Laser Printer. Best Value = Low hardware cost + low cost per page for toner?

Brother has in the past been low hardware cost + low cost per page for toner (when using "compatible" toner cartridges). I am not sure about the new models that were released recently. For the new models, some toner resellers are showing "compatible" toner cartridges which are shown as "Out-of-Stock".

Thanks in Advance.

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

3. TheKid7

My Brother HL-2140 B&W Laser Printer arrived yesterday. I have already printed about 100 pages. It seems to be working well. It came with a "1,000" page "starter" toner cartridge. I just placed an order for a "compatible" 2,600 page toner cartridge ($16.95 delivered) for when the "starter" toner cartridge runs out. $0.0065/page for toner is a reasonable price.

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Good deal, Kid! Hope the machine continues to work well for you! :)

5. justenough

justenough Registered Member

That's the printer I have, TheKid, it's been great with no problems.

6. TheKid7

I see that one of the "compatible" toner cartridge online resellers is now showing a TN-450 for ~$30. This is ~50% more cost per page than the TN-360. However, the "compatible" TN-450 availability is good news. At least a person who buys one of those new Brother B&W laser printer models won't have to buy one of those high dollar Brother OEM toner cartridges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.