Best System Optimizer/Cleaner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Coolio10, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Which is the top system optimizer. Both jv16 and tuneup seem to have lost popularity. I wonder which one is best (excluding ccleaner :D ). I already know ccleaner is the most popular.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I like TuneUp's older and free versions, 2007, 2008. Macecraft also has a free light version. I have not heard good reviews about the latest version of TU. Have not heard much about Macecraft in a while although I suspect it is still pretty good. I have probably had the best luck with Ace Utilities from Acelogix. Got a lifetime license although it has been on version 2 for quite some time.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i currently use Glary Utilities. it works pretty well.

4. Dark_Hanzo

Dark_Hanzo Registered Member

Ccleaner :D

I am trialling the latest TU and I must say it's running pretty well. The reason behind those negative reviews is that TU has a new service running in the background for live optimization, also the new gui is a total mess in terms of accessing functions. I'll probably ditch it after my trial period runs out and look for something else (maybe free older build).

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I like System TuneUp from Acelogix.
    Lifetime license here too.

6. culla

culla Registered Member

glary utilities portable

7. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

8. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

My preferred one is Auslogics BoostSpeed.

9. ASM

ASM Registered Member

I am using TU, System Tuneup and ashampoo, the GUI of latest version is a mess... I prefer the old version. The new version come with a turbo mode which u can configure to stop certain Window function to work...

Personally, I prefer to use Acelogix System Tuneup... just keep it simple. Moreover its a lifetime license, u dun have to pay for any version upgrade.

10. acr1965

FWIW- after I bought a lifetime STU license for my desktop I wanted one for my laptop and emailed their help about buying the additional license. I was just told to use my original key on multiple computers. Not sure how many users the original key supports, but apparently more than one. Nice deal.

11. tipo

tipo Registered Member

if you want something really good (for cleaning)
    try r~wipe & clean.it`s the best.it doesn`t clean the registry. you shouldn`t touch the registry.

12. layman

layman Registered Member

I gave up on Jouni Vuorio's jv16 because Macecraft does a terrible job with software quality control. Very unprofessional in their process. No excuse for such lousy work for a paid product. Never tried the free version.

The best registry cleaner going (IMO) is the one in Avanquests's Fixit Utilities and SystemSuite. Unfortunately, it comes bundled with tons of other stuff in both cases.

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is quite good. It does a more thorough job than CCleaner, but seems to be equally safe.

What I'd really like to find is a stand-alone cleaner as good as Avanquest's

13. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I guess Ccleaner is very popular for a reason,its constantly updated and does a thorough but safe cleaning.also conplaints about this software are seldom heard off,so for all practical purposes its the only thing you need,look no further then this neat utitlity.

14. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

Acr1965 I use Ace Utilities and I'm on Version 5. If your on version 2 you need to update.

15. acr1965

I have a bad habit of calling System TuneUp Ace Utilities. I guess they are pretty much the same thing and a license for one will work with the other. Just when I say "System TuneUp" the name sounds so generic it gets confused with all the other system tuneup utilities. So I developed a bad habit of calling STU Ace Utilities. Wish they would change the name from System TuneUp to something else. But anyway I have version 2.2 of STU.

16. L815

L815 Guest

What's the difference between Ace Utilities and System TuneUp?

17. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

You guys ought to try Advanced System Care from Iobit.:D (just kidding)

I have used Ashampoo Winoptimizer, Tuneup Utilities, Glary, etc...
    IMO those seem to cause more issues than they fix. I just use Ccleaner now, does a great cleaning and the registry cleaning has always been mild and safe. If I have to delete more from the registry than I will do it myself.;) As far as optimizations go, you can do them yourself also.

18. acr1965

From the Acelogix website-

"System TuneUp is a modified version of our product - "Ace Utilities". It has a different user-interface and will only work on systems using Windows XP or above."

"Note: Users who have purchased Ace Utilities can get System TuneUp free of cost. Just download System TuneUp and use the license key of Ace Utilities."

I think the above is about the only difference besides the registry compactor is a separate download with Ace Utilities while included with System TuneUp.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  19. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

what wuld u guys consider better, glarysoft or ace utilities?

20. acr1965

I have used the free glary program and it seemed to do the job ok- may have a few more bells and whistles than Ace Utilities. I just always uninstalled it for some reason or another. As for Ace Utilities, the System TuneUp GUI seems easier to get around and navigate (for me anyway). I just never had any problem with the acelogix programs and use STU regularly. IIRC- if you purchased another optimizer program acelogix may give you some sort of discount to switch. Maybe just try out acelogix and see what you think.

21. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I just took a look at TuneUp.

Does it really improve performance ?

I have a low opinion of registry cleaners/optimizers, they seem to cause more problems than they solve. In my experience, what can be removed safely won't impact performance, and what can improve performance tends to be risky.

For disk defragmentation and removal of other stuff you can do with CCleaner, you don't need an 'optimizer'.

22. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I ran the Internet Optimizer component of that today on a vanilla Win7 Ultimate, and my internet connection went from 3.5Mbps to 2.1Mbps. :doubt:

Any other good ones specifically for Win7?

I normally tweak the system by hand, however with the new stuff since XP i thought i'd give an optimizer a try until i have a chance to dig in to all the new settings.

23. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

sometimes these tweakers runs different on different setups.
    i use to have tuneup v8 it was good,,but after that one,forget it..
    i had also winxp mnager,,that one was good,,,but miss something..now they're concentrated in win7....
    what i do is run ccleaner or powertools lite and then ntregopt.

24. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Personally I use System Mechanic (latest version 9).

Since late v7 Iolo have completely revamped the product so that it is stable and extremely efficient IMHO. I understand that the development team now includes developers linked with the original products in this area, ie, Cleansweep, First Aid & Norton Utilities...but in my opinion the product is now excellent at what it does.

:D

25. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

For me Winaso, Auslogics and Regseeker. Dont forget to run old scandisk. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.