Best parental control third-party software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Opaline, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opaline

Opaline Lurker

Hi guys, I would like to ask you a about your opininion concerning best third-party parental controls. I need to choose one but there are so many of them. I've got windows 8 on my home PC and I'm looking for some really easy to use soft.

Thank's in advance for every suggestion.

Regards

2. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Norton SafeDNS?

If not DNS, then Adguard Parental Controls, or ESET Suite's Parentals? Both are very good.

If not those, then K9 Web Protection is remarkably good.
    http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

3. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Norton dns and k9 web protection combo will offer good parental control. k9 will force safe search on all search engines. If you need parental control for only a specific user you can use security suites from eset or Kaspersky. Kaspersky also enforces safe search and it can block file downloads based on file type (applications, archive, media). Other suites will enable or disable scanning secure connections for all users but Kaspersky has the option to scan secure connections for only those user accounts for which parental control is enabled. Note that k9 may or may not work properly with other security software. For instance it has compatibility issues with bitdefender.

4. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I found K9 buggy, and often incompatible.

As such, I will recommend Adguard. Free if you sign up for the beta on their forum, and it has a robust parental control feature. That is if your AV suite doesn't have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.