Best OS for cellphone(smartphones) NEW

Discussion in 'polls' started by vinnyutd6899, Jul 20, 2011.

?

Best OS for cellphone(smartphones) NEW

1. Google's Android

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Iphone OS

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Blackberry OS

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Windows mobile

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Symbian

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. vinnyutd6899

vinnyutd6899 Registered Member

Google's Android
    Iphone OS
    Blackberry OS
    Symbian
    Windows mobile
    Other

2. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

Latest Android OS.

On a Samsung Galaxy S II.

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Android for sure !!!

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Hard to say. I hate a lot about every phone OS right now. I suppose I'll pick android... but I like iOS enough to use it as well.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Android although i only have my trusty Nokia's (1200 and 5310 XpressMusic)
    They have been the most abused phones and they still do wonders :D
    The 1200 fell into a river twice and it works flawlessly, it have been dropped and thrown like 50 times by accident.
    The 5310 XpressMusic have been thrown and dropped like 50 times also, i even stepped on it twice. When you shake it you can even hear internal parts ticking :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

I guess Symbian is my favourite. Tons of apps, very stable OS and the phones are reasonably priced. Android is very good, the only downfall of them is the pricing of the phones. iPhones are Apple.. And well.. I do not support cults. Blackberries tend to be even more than Android phones, though they are very nice phones and are used a lot in the world of business.

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Having used nokia phones for as long as i can remember i'm a symbian man at heart. However in recent times i havent been able to find a suitable phone from nokia so i was forced to look at other options and ended up with the motorola defy. Having used android for a few months now i have to say its probably the best OS for current smartphones.
    I have an ipad and while its pretty cool i find ios 4 lacking in some areas. I had a blackberry pearl 3g earlier in the year but the blackberry os just simply sucked imo.

I've been keeping an eye on the upcoming changes and updates for windows phone 7 and if it all goes to plan i reckon it could be a real challenger to android. If nokia can manage to put out some innovative quality handsets then the nokia-microsoft combo should be very competitive in the market.

9. guest

guest Guest

nokia-microsoft combo should make the market very competitive. [1]

:thumb:

10. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I've never had a smartphone, but the youtube videos of windows phone look pretty. I'm in no rush to buy one so I'll wait for the nokias as I've been a past nokia user. If they don't satisfy me, I like the HTC androids. I generally steer clear of iStuff.

11. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Android is perfect for Wilders types...so many custom ROM's to choose from.

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Voted Android once again. Symbian isn't at top anymore, unsurprisingly after being phased out for Windows Phone.

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The only thing i do know is that i will always have a cheap/trusty nokia as my work phone :D

I almost bought a Galaxy S but i heard some problems with file system fragmenting really fast and lagging the phone so i decided not to get one :D

Anyways, i love saving moneyzz $_$

14. farmerlee

Seems odd that it would have fragmentation issues seeing as android is based on linux. As i understand it fragmentation is not an issue with linux unless your storage space is like 95% full.

15. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The fragmenting was related to the file system used (Like in NTFS) it could be fixed only by installing third party ROM's and some random "fixes" :D (Flash)

In the new Galaxy S II they fixed this and used a file system that doesn't fragment which is EXT4 :D

16. carat

carat Guest

Iphone OS is better and securer than Google Android :thumb:

17. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I would like to see some evidence of your suspiciously fanboy-like claims.

18. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Android FTW ! and for istuff fanboys check out nokia's advertisement iDo a lotmore..funny yet true ad !

19. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Windows mobile is no longer being developed, the new OS is called Windows Phone.

20. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I use Symbian (Nokia N8 ), but the best is Android.

21. farmerlee

The only thing i dont really like about android is it seems to be quite battery hungry. Now maybe i'm wrong and it could be due to the hardware or the battery but every android handset i've used has never had good battery life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.