Best Method for Testing?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jeff2004, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff2004

Jeff2004 Registered Member

Hi,

What is the best method to test a True Image archive to make sure that there won't be any surprises in the event a restore is necessary?

Is there a step-by-step procedure outlined anywhere by Acronis?

(I know it may seem more common sense than not; but, in the event of a HDD failure, having tested the media (and the process) in a manner recommended by Acronis would sure be a confidence builder.)

Thanks

Jeff

2. Rik

Rik Registered Member

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

The quoted link from Rik/Mike provides some very thorough information, and in my view, is especially useful if you take it on board before you commence your backups.

If you have already backed up and simply wish to trial a restore, I would suggest restoring it to different hard drive to the one in use. If the two drives are very different, it is true that this is not a truly representative test, however (assuming the restoration works) this step takes you a good deal closer to the comfort zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.