best itw antivirus software?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by random, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random

random Guest

has there ever been an antivirus software that has consistently outperformed almost every antivirus software for itw tests?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Nod32 ;) info here

3. Ah I think these sorts of questions as to which is best, which outperforms etc etc are somewhat repetitive, they usually have been answered in one form or another in other posts. Better to do a search before posting such basic question. I think even newbies can quickly find out which AVs are better, best.

4. random

random Guest

i havent really found any sites or posts specifically about itw testing

in my opinion, itw testing should come first then zoo, etc

5. TAP

TAP Registered Member

ITW virus/worm are basic capability of a decent antivirus and all tests ware done in the past it's not represent a real-world-up-to-minute story but what about present minute ? The real effectiveness on ITW virus/worm of an antivirus is the speed of respone time and accuracy to release malware definition or may depend on speed and number of updates (KAV), heuristic (NOD32) or some kind of web filtering/behaviour blocking.

I don't think that NOD32 is the best on ITW virus/worm because if you read a full test review from Virus Bulletin you'll see that almost antiviruses can detect 100% ITW virus/worm but some other reasons made them fail to achieve VB100% logo.

As what I say, the real-world-up-to-minute capability on ITW virus/worm is so hard to judge.

6. huh

huh Guest

It's not just the ability to find a nastie ,but it has to be able to delete them.

7. sard

sard Registered Member

And in the last 10 months I've had NOD32 I've only come into contact with 4 nasties. 2 NOD32 detected and had trouble deleting, the other 2 it never detected. The 4 were worms and trojans that KAV found and removed without problem, unfortunately KAV slows down my system far too much so it's not an option.

My NOD32 license is up for renewal in October so I'm anxiously waiting for the AV-Comparative and www.virus.gr test results to see if the long promised improvements in NOD32's Trojan detection have come to fruition.

I wonder what KAV's secret is that makes them so good at identifying and releasing virus definitions. KAV's definitions, combined with NOD32's Heuristics, scanning speed and tiny resource usage would be my ideal AV :)

8. random

random Guest

kaspersky and nod32 has consistently come up whenever i asked ppl what their favorite or even best antivirus software is

kaspersky doesnt have that many options, at least i don't see that many, and i dont really like that

kaspersky hasnt detected a trojan that a free online virus scanning program did so i'm not really sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.