Best AV for secure computer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hardstyler, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardstyler

Hardstyler Registered Member

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong subforum. I'm looking for a good AV software for my computer, but I'm not looking for the stuff for the average computer user. I use this computer exclusively to browse several known secure websites, so I don't care about protection from drive-by and the like. Also, there is no information on it that could fall into wrong hands or that wouldn't be replaced by a 30min Windows reinstall, so I don't care about that either. What I really need is protection from programs such as custom-built keyloggers, or trojans that slow down my computer and/or cause BSODs. Risk of BSODs and necessity of a fast computer is also the reason why I only have the bare minimum of all software installed on this computer.

So far I've tried out ESET Smart Security which slowed down my computer a lot, caused a BSOD and was enough of a pain to remove that I just reinstalled Windows; and Avast, whose trial I have been using for the past 30 days and which ran smoothly although I don't know how useful it is to my purposes. Anyway, thanks for reading this and I hope you can help :)

Hardstyler

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.