Best AV for secure computer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hardstyler, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardstyler

Hardstyler Registered Member

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong subforum. I'm looking for a good AV software for my computer, but I'm not looking for the stuff for the average computer user. I use this computer exclusively to browse several known secure websites, so I don't care about protection from drive-by and the like. Also, there is no information on it that could fall into wrong hands or that wouldn't be replaced by a 30min Windows reinstall, so I don't care about that either. What I really need is protection from programs such as custom-built keyloggers, or trojans that slow down my computer and/or cause BSODs. Risk of BSODs and necessity of a fast computer is also the reason why I only have the bare minimum of all software installed on this computer.

So far I've tried out ESET Smart Security which slowed down my computer a lot, caused a BSOD and was enough of a pain to remove that I just reinstalled Windows; and Avast, whose trial I have been using for the past 30 days and which ran smoothly although I don't know how useful it is to my purposes. Anyway, thanks for reading this and I hope you can help :)

Hardstyler

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.