Best approach to taking a nights full backup "offsite"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by YeOldeStonecat, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I have 5x servers using Server Edition to backup to a NAS which has Enterprise Edition installed. I'm working on a schedule to keep 2x weeks worth of full backups of each server on the NAS.

I would like to, say once a week, take a copy of one night each of the 5 servers full backup, say an external USB drive that I plug into the NAS. The NAS is a Dell PowerVault NF500 or NF600...about 4TB of storage, running Windows Server Storage Edition 2003.

What would be a recommended approach for this, any tools built into Paragon to export a single nights full backup to this? Or when browsing the directories of each servers backup in the default share?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello YeOldeStonecat,

Just to clarify, you currently have scheduled backups of 5 servers to one NAS location. You now want to also schedule a copy of those archives to an external hard drive?

If you want to incorporate any additional tasks to the scheduled operations, you can added command lines, for example, to copy the archive to the external hard drive after each successful backup. Each scheduled task is written in a script file that can be modified.

Our knowledge base can assist you with the scripting.

http://kb.paragon-software.com

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    That is correct....looking for a way to make the most recent backup stand out, so it can be copied to another location.

I'm like a deer caught in headlights when it comes to scripting though.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If the backup won't take too long and something you can schedule right after another backup, I would just schedule an additional backup to the external hard drive. It takes about the same time and no complicated scripting :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.