Best appology by AV company

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CloneRanger, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Gotta take my hat off to BitDefender for their full admission of error, and explanations. Can't remember another one quite like it. It should be an example to all the others, when things go pear shaped, as they sometimes can and do.

Hope those peeps affected get it sorted ASAP.

bd.gif

Faulty Update for 64 bit Operating Systems

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/NW1431-uk--Faulty-Update-for-64-bit-Operating-Systems.html

2. Templar

Templar Registered Member

Yeah, just admitting it and await judgement is respectful and the path to redemption.

3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Way to go Bitdefender!Yes,this should be a very good example for the other AV companies,wich usually treat their customers...hmm...:cautious:

4. qpok

qpok Registered Member

I can't see anything special in this. On the contrary, it would be very peculiar if they didn't apologize. I was actually expecting them to somehow reimburse this to their customers (e.g. by giving free subscription months). They're sure to lose customers due to this blunder.

5. starter15

starter15 Registered Member

what he said:)

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In my time using BitDefender, I did notice they offered me far more "complementary" license extensions than any other vendor.....a nice touch, but it just wasn't enough for me to keep using their product. It got too buggy at one point and I got too busy.....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.