Best Anti virus software?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jiffycornbreadman, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Everyone has his or her own idea on which is the best anti-virus software, what is best for me may not be the best for you and vice versa. This discussion will not go anywhere.

I think all of us can agree on is that "any anti-virus software is still better than none on a computer". :D

Have a nice day!

Cheers
    Smith

"Whether it is a black cat or a white cat, as long as it can catch the rat, it is a good cat." (Deng Xiao Ping)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I guess I have to disagree that these discussions are useless. They may be for those who have read and discussed the pros and cons of the various AVs for awhile, and have settled on a favorite.

However, there are those who come here and want to learn or get opinions as to the best or better AVs or other anti-malware applications. They can learn a lot by such discussions.

In addition, with the changes going on by the developers to update and improve their applications, even more knowledgeable users can learn through the experience of those who have been testing the betas.

So I hope such discussions continue in spite of the strong bias not based upon tests by some. How do we learn about the current problems or lack thereof of KAV6, or F-Protect beta, etc?

I do not think all AVs are equal, and AV Comparatives demonstrates that they are not. If one thinks any one is good enough, then do not spend money, but just get AVG, and if it runs well for you stay with it.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

good point most av's are good but you have to find the one that works for you.

i mean avira antivir seems to be great detection at an unbeatable price i might get that one

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

The best AV is probably the one inside your head:-common sense,no software based AV can make up for a lack of that one!
    If you totally disregard what kind of sites you visit,use P2P and take no notice of what emails/attachments you open you are likely to get "stung" ,no matter which AV youv'e got installed,somewhere down the line!

5. fastik

fastik Registered Member

Doctor Web is THE BEST 1:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  6. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

On and on and on and on.........and do we know now, why these are all the best? Man, where does this end? It won't make me any wiser as to what to buy or install, as every scanner will run different on different computers.

We all know which scanners are on the top, trial a few or all of them and see how things run.......then invest and be happy!

7. gates

gates Registered Member

this is never ending story. Every one of us have own opinion and we respect difrent things in software.

8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

dont be ridiculous lmao we all know trend is the winner lol..no bugs found here in 2yrs either :-* :-* :D

9. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Yes you would have to have nothing else in your life to do things like that! do you think some people actually do things like that?(lol)

10. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

If there are people like that, they have to get a life. And very soon. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.