Best Anti virus software?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jiffycornbreadman, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Why do so many users get soooo worked up over AVs?:-they're only "tools" used to protect your PC not some life enhancing product!!!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Q: Why ?

A: Because we have nothing else to do and we've decided to argue about them :D ;) :D ;) :D :D :thumb:

3. steve1955

ralmao

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Please don't earn yourself a poor reputation here by slamming a competing AV. Notice the thread title. Where does it say to post unsupported negative comments?

Those of my group who use Kaspersky are delighted with the support they receive -- which is (by the way) seldom needed. Those who use NOD32 are equally satisfied.

Having said that, I remain a firm advocate of DrWeb. It has kept my computer well protected for >3 years.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

they may not be life enhancing, but they can be life worseners if it doesnt eradicate virus xyz or if it brings ur PC to its knees (aka KAV on a 486...and yes i know its an exaggeration).

anyways my recommendation for an AV are: nod32, kav, or antivir

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: The Best AV? You must be kidding. I do not believe there is ever such a thing existing. You guys can scream out of lung claiming your thing is the best, just let tell you this: my grandfather often tells me that melon seller always brags his goods is much sweater than his rivals's. As a professional or expert, entering into debating, your comments have to be very impartial, illustrating pros and cons, and leave the final verdict to the viewers. After all, even you win the debate, would that make you sleep much better? This forum's admin just closed one thread with similar silly behavior today. Let act like an adult. Eh?

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

*The best* is what the thread asks for. So why shouldn't we reply with our opinions?
    PAX!

Yet another *best* is F-Prot 6.0 with the Inspector's Maximus Splendidus-- soon to come.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: NOBODY has ever said you can or cannot do this on this forum. You can say anything you want to, but please bear these two things in your mind:(1) please express your opinion in more professional fashion, avoiding boy's changing room behavior. (2) to believe or not is entirely upto your vast viewers, like me, an average joe.

9. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

look i will agree with bigc here that use a bunch of top of AV's like avast,nod32,norton,mcafee,kav,bitdefender...

But the reason why i support big c's argument is because of the fact that many people recommend avast highly but i never found it to my liking ditto with bitdefender/mcafee...
    Kav is damn good,very light,reduces scan time with every subsequent one due to its iswift technology with keeps an account of files scanned and also has an option to scan new and changed files only...

But,as i said try each one of them and see which one fits the bill

10. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Come on now.

This forum is mostly unsupported comments, lots of emotional, not fact based responses.

All we can do is speak from our own experiences.

Some products work well for some/most folkes, but do not work well, if at all, for others.

By their very nature, forums will ellicit more negative, than positive comments, not to mention some folkes fall in love with the product they are using or are just trying to justify their own use.

Discussions of AV software are perhaps the most biased of all software products.

11. Socio

Socio Registered Member

That is exactly what I did, I used to use Norton's but had a lot of issues with it so much that I gave up on it. Did some reading and research here and elsewhere then did some trials and I ended up going with KAV because that is what worked best for me.

Being that you are worried about left overs after you test some trials, the reg cleaner I use is Registry Mechanic and works well for me I believe you can trial it as well.;)

12. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

thanks but I have used Registry mechanic in the past and I think I will pass on it.;)

13. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I cringe when I see a new thread titled, "Which Is Better", and NOD32 or KAV is part of the thread. Whether they are going up against each other by the original poster, or some other AV, it usually winds up a head bashing contest between KAV and NOD32 users.

I know passions run deep here with NOD32 loyalist and KAV loyalist, but some can go over-board. I've gotten to the point where I try not to read those threads any more. Lets try to be a little more civil. It's gotten so bad for me, that I'm thinking of uninstalling NOD32 and going back to NAV because of all the bickering.

Ok, end of tiny rant. :) I know there are some who are saying, "Who The Hell Is This Guy". Nobody really. Just someone who spends a lot of time here, who has been helped numerous times by the good people here, and just wanted to let his feelings be known. ;) :)

14. WSFuser

NAV? ur kidding right? thats adding fuel to the fire.

15. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

maybe but it is a decent av regardless what is bantered around here.

16. dog

dog Guest

Honestly .... all the top performers are more than acceptable. :) Whether NAV ... KAV ... NOD ... AVAST .., they're all more than acceptable - use what you prefer and works best/well on your system :)

17. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I agree with you!
    If u add to this "common sense" everything should be OK for a normal user. I'm not a normal user but that's another story. :D :p :D

18. Graystoke

At this point, I'm not so sure.

Not trying to start anything. Just thinking out loud. :)

19. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Another thread that's leading nowhere..........who's needing these kind of statements? Nav good, Nav no good! Kav good, Nod better and on and on and on!
    Everybody visiting this forum surely has made his pick by now and is maybe seeking support when things don't work. But always going back to what's good and what's no good......

20. Graystoke

:thumb: :)

21. steve1955

:thumb: :D

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

people just accept it kaspersky is great nod32 is great bitdefender is great and so on. people have there own opintions.

im thinking about getting kaspersky soon because f-secure is a bit on the heavy side.

the main point for this message is grow up and accept that most av's are great but kaspersky and nod32 are some of better ones.

as i read on a forum once Nvidia is great ATI is great.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  23. WSFuser

well i hope Jiffycornbreadman had fun in starting this thread. i wonder if he made a choice yet.

24. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye good point

25. Graystoke

He hasn't been back since his OP. You don't think he started this thread just to get everyone all fired up do you? :cautious: Nah! That would be just plain meaness on his part. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.