Best And Most Reliable Duplicate File Scanner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows which is the best and most relaible duplicate file scanner/eraser.

It is just I have over 3 Gigs of word documentations in six folders which I want to drastically reduce. However I am suspecting quite a few in these six folders are duplicates. I am also suspecting some are ones that I had saved for safety before the word document was complete. But obviously this means it may be of the same name and size as the complete document.

Therefore what i was wanting was to deleate all the duplicates. But also make sure that I dont deleate a newer version of the Word document because it has the same name as an older non complete saved version of the same document.

Any suggestion on the best program to use for this and be sure that it wont make any mistakes.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hi Anthony,
    jv16 PowerTools 2006 has a very good duplicate file finder, I have used it in a similar scenario to what you are asking for.

EDIT: Taken from the help file,

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

How about a stand alone app.?

4. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.