Behold, the spear phish that just might be good enough to hook you

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lotuseclat79, May 3, 2017.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Behold, the spear phish that just might be good enough to hook you

Note: The prime rule everyone should follow is to NEVER EVER open up any links in an email. What looks like a trusted source email is often a phishing attempt. What I do is to move my mouse cursor over the links in the email (in order to highlight and make the links visible in order to look at them) to determine whether the links look like they are from a legitimate source (without clicking on them). If not, then I assume they are from an illegitimate source and delete the email.

-- Tom

2. itman

itman Registered Member

Here's the link to the TrustWave article referenced: https://www.trustwave.com/Resources...o-Evolve--Quietly-Creeping-into-Remote-Hosts/ . Definitely worth a read for all the ungodly things this malware does. Also delivered via an attached .rtf file to a Word doc.. Question is if the 4/11 Word patch will now prevent this?

Also for those Wilder's folks who constantly proclaim the end user is always the problem, note how this spear phishing attack was pulled off:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.