Behavior blocking software with Agnitum Outpost free

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by buckshee, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I am using Agnitum Outpost's free firewall (version 6.5.1) and also AVIRA 9 premium.
    Is there any benefit in adding something like Mamutu or PrevX etc for behavior monitoring

I hate to pay for software (or even uses free stuff) if its not really needed if my existing security software basically covers everything.

ThreatFire created conflicts with other software so I took it off

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Maybe AVG LinkScanner and Rising PC Doctor? Those two together should probably provide proactive protection, both against vulnerabilities and exploits, but also new malware threats. I would've suggested TF or Panda Cloud Antivirus if it was another case, but it's not a good idea with the latter considering you're running Avira.

3. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Today you need these programs to think of what if attacks. Cloak-Malware more on the move now then before. PrevX works well I have that on laptop monitoring and cleaning. ThreatFire going to be replaced with a smarter BG that can think without user conformation. If you want to go free get GesWall Free (Isolator/Sandbox) and get the free KeyScrambler for IE/FF.

There is another not mention from France winpooch - http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpooch It's opensource and it's free. If you go to sourceforge and type in HOST IPS you'll see a good number of them. There is a lot out there free and pay for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.