be careful with perfectdisk 10 build 110 and raid....

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have 2 320gb drives setup in raid 0. i have used pd10 since it was released. i never ran a boot time after it was updated to 110 until today. and wow.. my raid array was damaged after it ran. i deleted and made a new array then restored it from a acronis backup i had everything was fine. i ran another boot time with 110 and same thing... i thought okay maybe one of the drives has a issue. i swapped them out for 2 250gb i had and then setup my raid 0 again. after getting it all setup with NOTHING ELSE installed except pd10 build 110 and vista so there was nothing else running. i re ran a boot time and same results i got a error on the array. this may or may not be your case but i know build 110 on this system is messing with the raid 0 somehow. i reverted back to 109 the previous build and re ran boot time and no errors this time around. ill pass on 110 for now

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Have you informed Raxco about this? I have found their support in the past to be impeccable both in terms of response time and sorting out problems.

I have not run a boot time with 110 yet nor intend to do so but if it is an issue I'm sure they'll get it fixed asap.

3. Gingerale

Gingerale Registered Member

Hi,

It would appear that I just trashed my Win XP SP3 on a RAID 1 SATA (motherboard) 2x 230GB or there abouts, which was my engineering station, Thx to PerfectDisk10 and no warnings or documents. But they can defrag any type of server, it would appear. But how many servers don't have some form of RAIDo_O

Now how to I recover my station, anyone? Please! :mad:

4. DonnEdwards

DonnEdwards Registered Member

Without wanting to sound like a smartass, restore your system from the last backup. I hope you have one.

I would be livid/furious/upset/angry/frustrated if it happened to me, but that's why we have backups.

I have tested PerfectDisk 10 build 110 and it worked fine, so clearly this isn't happening to everyone. I guess that's not much comfort to you.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

with the newest 114 update the problem no longer exists

6. DonnEdwards

DonnEdwards Registered Member

FWIW: What's new in PerfectDisk 10 Build 114

* New Features
    1. Changes to support compatibility between PerfectDisk 10 and PerfectSpeed PC Optimizer.

* Bug Fixes
    1. PDEngine hangs during defragmentation.
    2. StealthPatrol keeps running after it was disabled.
    3. Insufficient free space message when performing boot time defrag.
    4. PerfectDisk 10 connected to PerfectDisk 2008 crashes on "Analyze" operation.
    5. Settings on some tabs in PerfectDisk Settings are not saved.
    6. There is no tab for a removable drive on Recycler statistics.
    7. Recycler and Space Reports run on a removable drive after Removable storage was turned OFF.
    8. Drive Properties online settings can not be set for multiple drives with minimum values.
    9. When connecting to remote Virtual Edition PerfectDisk Settings button label is not updated.
    10. Bottom animation icons shift to the right when PerfectDisk window is maximized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.