BD IS 2015 And WSA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Houley456, May 3, 2015.

1. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

I have a license for Bitdefender IS 2015 and would like to run Webroot Secure Anywhere at the same time....regarding banking, the BD Wallet is too clumsy for me and WSA have great banking protection...what your thoughts?

2. JLD

JLD Guest

I have run Bitdefender IS 2015 and the free Webroot Identity Shield together. There are definite conflicts. I got them to work together, but ultimately decided it was too much trouble, and removed Webroot.

I use Bitdefender + Invincea FreeSpace (~$60 per year) + OpenDNS ProSumer ($7 per device per year, $20 min for 3 devices) for banking. The FreeSpace should detect any exploits running and then alert. When an alert occurs, you simply press "Restore" and get a fresh browser. I've only seen about 3 alerts in 2 years, none on banking websites. I've researched FreeSpace, and have not found a verified successful in-the-wild penetration or exploit online of FreeSpace, but there may be one or more. A good alternative, and very similar application from the same company, is Sandboxie. I have both depending on the PC. OpenDNS should prevent >99% of malware communications from your PC to the malware C&C center. Furthermore, I also run McAfee SaaS Web Protection, but my take is that Bitdefender + Invincea + OpenDNS should be sufficient for almost everybody.

If you do want to pursue Bitdefender + Webroot,
    * Exclude each program's execution files in the other program. There are about 57 Bitdefender executables, and they can only be added one at a time to Webroot's exclusion menu. Takes a long time
    * Set Bitdefender's Intrusion Detection to Medium or lower. "Aggressive" does not work well with Webroot
    * I could not get Webroot's "Protection Statistics" button to work when running Bitdefender

Hope this helps

3. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

They are both excellent programs, but you should use only ONE of them at the same time to avoid conflicts.

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...ion-update-thread.364655/page-30#post-2431397
    "I was in contact with a support technician and after a 3 hour long remote session it was concluded that either Bitdefender or WSA had to go - they couldn't be used together."
    As far as I know (without trying myself), they don't get on together, and I'd advise you to run WSA alone, as the Identity Shield will give you great protection for Online Banking.

5. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Webroot's identity is definitely among the least intrusive identity protections out there :thumb:

6. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

I have used both BD Total(Max setting) and Webroot together in the past without any issues. However regarding their banking protections, I unfortunately didn't had the opportunity to use them.

7. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

If you want two realtime AVs at once you can try malwarebytes paid as that has on execution checking.

8. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

Well, using Bitdefender IS 2015 together with Webroot Secure Anywhere since last Sunday....all running smooth, no lags, I'll install this setup on my other computers too....

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have both BDIS and KISS on two different computers. I like the KISS Safe Money better than the BDSafe Pay.

10. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

I've got it running on a laptop and my HTPC. "Least intrusive" is an understatement. If I didn't look in my system tray once in a while, I wouldn't know it was there.

11. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.