BD AV 10 question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dw2108, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Using the old BD AV version 10, is it possible to exlude a single file -- not an entire folder -- from being scanned by realtime resident shield protection?

I hope, someone knows, because it seems that the vendors may not know for a version this old.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

No, that isn't possible. You can only exclude a folder even if you you exclude a file inside a folder BitDefender will not scan the entire folder. Only from BitDefender 11 (2008 products) and version 12 (2009 products)you are able to exclude files. Why are you still using this old version? You can upgrade for free for the remaining the days of your current license to BitDefender Antvirus 2009.

3. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Niels, if I could tell you why I love very old antivirus apps, then I could tell you also how to solve all the problems of this world! :D
    But thanks for the help.

Dave

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dave,You are welcome. Glad that I could helped you. There are lots of improvements between version 10 that you are using and version 12. A better scan and detection engine in version 11, behavioral scanner (version 12), encryption of instant messenger sessions (only if both partners have a BitDefender 2009 version installed),...

Kind regards,
    Niels

5. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

I really appreciate it, Niels, but I'm using BD AV 10 on some old 9x/ME clunkers, and it seems that even an old BD AV 10 is overkill for these PCs. 2.4 Million sigs is much more than 9x/ME can catch with the antispyware tweeked just right and SSM set to assist BD. I'd feel safe with even just thatfirst, but very old BD Antispyware on 9x/ME PCs. Thanks again. Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.