BAT install question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nok, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nok

nok Registered Member

I'm just a little confused.

I've been following a network install pdf. I created all the files in c:\nod32\NT etc and then wrote the bat file on the client machine I'm testing with. Nothing happened.

"\\DAVE\C:\NOD32\NT\setup.exe/silentmode/reboot/cfg=\\DAVE\C:\NOD32\config.xml"

So how do I install NOD on all the clients if the instruction manual doesn't work?

Someone on this forum told me I should install the standard NOD on the client machines. But this version has no "mirror" in the update section so how does it use the mirror on the server?

Which version is it to install on the clients? Administrator version on all the client machines? because this is the only version with the mirror configuration....or did i miss something?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

"\\DAVE\C:\NOD32\NT\setup.exe" is a wrong UNC path, you must adhere to the rule \\computer_name\share

On cilent workstations install the standard version and admin version with the mirror facility on the server. If you purchased NOD32 Enterprise edition, you can use RA to deploy NOD32 to the workstations easily.

3. nok

nok Registered Member

ok , it's on the NOD website, in a manual for a network install, but it's wrong.

And does someone in this forum know which version i use on clients? I am assuming it is the administrator version because that uses a mirror.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You probably mean this text on page 4:

Then after executing the command on the CLIENTNAME (e.g. via batch file):

“\\SERVERNAME\path\NOD32\NT\setup.exe /silentmode /reboot /cfg=\\SERVERNAME\path\NOD32\config.xml”

Will install NOD32 version 2 with configuration defined in the file “config.xml” with no user interaction and then reboot the workstations/servers running Windows NT/2000/2003/XP.

Well, "path" is quite confusing in this case and it'd be actually better to say "share".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.