Bat file not working after adding to White List in Faronics AE 3.50....!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by pinso, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks,
    i have problem using a bat file when AE is enabled, although i have added the folder structure in the ACTIVE WHITE LIST, when trying to run it, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item." o_O
    i am using Faronics AE 3.50.1111.406, and although i was using v 3.0.1111.23 before , i found v 3.50 to be good in terms of creating the Active white list during initial setup. Please see the snapshot.
    View attachment 1366461461
    Its only few days i have installed it. i don't know what to make of it. I don't want to install antivirus and chances of installing any new software only arises when i am on net and downloading. So this is a good replacement for antivirus for me. But this weird problem would fail to run any new exe of bat file's i add in the Active White List, by the way their are a lot of bat files i use to backup settings data and install softwares so far no problem has occured ( may be it added those bat files during the initial creation of the White List ). Only in this instance i found a problem.

Any suggestion how do i get the bat file to working.

PS: i tried the Maintenance mode and although this mode would add the selected exe that is being presently run into the White list, that too havn't helped. Is it something i have done wrong.

Attached Files:

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Hello, pinso,

I would contact Faronics Support.

Last year, I evaluated a version 3 and had intermittent problems with .bat files, including editing them.

----
    rich

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Is the cmd prompt allowed? Seems trivial but there are more pieces to the puzzle than just a batch script.

Have you tried using Powershell instead of a .bat file?

4. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I got a fix, i had to add the the PATH to the WHITE LIST and not necessarily the path containing the bat file (which i did by directly selecting the bat file), strangely just adding the path made the bat file run..... anyways thanks for keeping an open mind.

I wonder how many people use this program and how does it help them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.