Basic Update Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Fyle, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyle

Fyle Registered Member

Hey everyone..

I was wondering about the NOD32 2.5 update.. I have my update settings in my current NOD32 set to automatically perform virus signature updates, and to notify me about NOD32 core component updates, like this new version, 2.5. I never got a notification for 2.5. I just manually hit update from within NOD32 and again just got a virus signature update. On the info page for NOD32, all version numbers are still 2.12 or whatever it was BEFORE 2.5. Is the udpate to 2.5 free, and if so.. why is the update notification not working?
    Can I download a trial version of 2.5 and install on top of 2.12?

Just wondering about updating. Thank you

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

NOD32 2.12 users will be able to upgrade to NOD32 2.5 by using the update program shortly. How shortly, is unknown :doubt:

The upgrade to v2.5 is free - just download 2.5 full version and install it using your existing license details.

Download v2.5 from here:

http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Fyle,

Don't download the trial version, download the commercial version, assuming you have a current license - this is the same link as Firecat already posted. You will need your update username and password to initiate the download.

An on-top install works just fine (as least it did for me on two systems). As I recall, you are asked if ou wish to retain current settings.

If you have additional questions or if you run into problems, just post back. So far I think it's a very stable upgrade with some nice feature extensions. The main persistent issue seems to be a low frequency cosmetic glitch of somewhat unknown origin. Before anyone else posts that this problem must be an Eset based issue since it is apparently the only common item that has changed - I've seen these issues enough over the past 20 years to know that may or may not be the case. The simple fact that adjusting the card based hardware acceleration appears to resolve the problem in at least some cases would imply it is not necessarily a problem on NOD32's end.

Blue

4. Fyle

Fyle Registered Member

Thank you very much :)

I'll just do a clean install. No risk no fun is true in a lot of cases... but it just doesn't cut it with computers sometimes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.