BartPE with LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by como, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. como

como Registered Member

Since changing my monitor from a CRT to a LCD I have not been able to make a bootable BartPE disk, it boots to the screen with the "progress monitor" which states Starting etc. the computer then hangs, the bars do not show any progress and I have to give the 3 fingered salute to reboot the machine.
    I have tried both Reatogo and PEbuilder both with Mustangs plugin, I assume this is a driver problem and have put the monitor drivers in a folder in the plugin folder without success.
    I have tried to Google for this but have been unsuccessful and this forum appears not to accept search terms with only 3 letters.
    Can anyone help with this?

OP is Windows XP Home

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

It is most likely a driver issue. Please post the configuration of your machine. Motherboard etc. Did the CRT work OK? A plain vanilla BartPE build only includes the drivers that are on your XP CD.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Changing from a CRT to LCD should have no bearing on being able to make a BartPE cd. Does everything else work with the LCD monitor?

4. como

como Registered Member

Thanks for the replies

Motherboard is an ECS model L757A2 with a SIS chipset and AMD Athion XP CPU with Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X video card.
    Monitor is Viewsonic VP930

Before changing to the LCD monitor I had made a number of BartPE disks with both PEBuilder and Reatogo with Mustangs and Acronis plugins for various new builds of TI all booted without any problems with a CRT monitor.

As the Rescue CD appears not to have drivers for my external USB drive and takes hours to image my drives I rely on the BartPE disk which is only just a bit slower than working from within Widows.

Yes no problems at all except the BartPE disks won't boot, I didn't think that the monitor change should cause any problems but when I connected the LCD the BartPE disk I had burnt with the CRT monitor wouldn't boot and hung at the same place as above, I have tried burning new disks without any success.

I will try to burn a basic BartPE disk tomorrow without any plugins and report back.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That is odd. I use the same BartPE disk on my Laptop with LCD and my desktop with a CRT. You may want to post the question over here where the BartPE experts hang out The CD Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board).

6. como

como Registered Member

I have already looked around the forum, will have to register so I can do a seach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.