BartPE with LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by como, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. como

como Registered Member

Since changing my monitor from a CRT to a LCD I have not been able to make a bootable BartPE disk, it boots to the screen with the "progress monitor" which states Starting etc. the computer then hangs, the bars do not show any progress and I have to give the 3 fingered salute to reboot the machine.
    I have tried both Reatogo and PEbuilder both with Mustangs plugin, I assume this is a driver problem and have put the monitor drivers in a folder in the plugin folder without success.
    I have tried to Google for this but have been unsuccessful and this forum appears not to accept search terms with only 3 letters.
    Can anyone help with this?

OP is Windows XP Home

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

It is most likely a driver issue. Please post the configuration of your machine. Motherboard etc. Did the CRT work OK? A plain vanilla BartPE build only includes the drivers that are on your XP CD.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Changing from a CRT to LCD should have no bearing on being able to make a BartPE cd. Does everything else work with the LCD monitor?

4. como

como Registered Member

Thanks for the replies

Motherboard is an ECS model L757A2 with a SIS chipset and AMD Athion XP CPU with Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X video card.
    Monitor is Viewsonic VP930

Before changing to the LCD monitor I had made a number of BartPE disks with both PEBuilder and Reatogo with Mustangs and Acronis plugins for various new builds of TI all booted without any problems with a CRT monitor.

As the Rescue CD appears not to have drivers for my external USB drive and takes hours to image my drives I rely on the BartPE disk which is only just a bit slower than working from within Widows.

Yes no problems at all except the BartPE disks won't boot, I didn't think that the monitor change should cause any problems but when I connected the LCD the BartPE disk I had burnt with the CRT monitor wouldn't boot and hung at the same place as above, I have tried burning new disks without any success.

I will try to burn a basic BartPE disk tomorrow without any plugins and report back.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That is odd. I use the same BartPE disk on my Laptop with LCD and my desktop with a CRT. You may want to post the question over here where the BartPE experts hang out The CD Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board).

6. como

como Registered Member

I have already looked around the forum, will have to register so I can do a seach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.