BartPE & TrueImage 8.0 Plug-In & Inability To Access Network Drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlmorrison, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlmorrison

jlmorrison Registered Member

Using BartPE + Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 PlugIn to access an HP DC7700 system because the regular Bootable Rescue Media does not recognize the network driver.

Acronis "sees" the networked PCs near me... I can browse them, but when I try to access any remote PCs to get into the file structure it prompts with the attached error message without an option to log in/authenticate.

"...not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied."

plugin_error.gif

For giggles I put the BartPE disc in another system and tried to access the same remote pcs and the same error occurred, I don't think it is an individial pc / driver issue.

Please help and thank you.

2. jlmorrison

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I'm assuming that you have the networking properly installed with BartPE. Can you map as a network drive one of the remote PCs'. I back up to a network attached drive using BartPE? If its a BartPE issue you may want to ask over here where the BartPE folks are http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?act=idx. You will be prompted to enter a Username and Password which is what I do. This works OK for me.

4. jlmorrison

Thank you! That was the push I needed in the right direction.

This post fixed me.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=18923&hl=network

Here's the raw text from this awesome post (by JonF) in case anyone else needs it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.