Bartpe Plugin Disk Director suite 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chona, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chona

chona Registered Member

I am trying to make a BartPe Bootcd including also Disk Director Suite 10.
    I use the pluging mustang made but it doesn't work for me.

When i try to start DD10, running Bartpe environment, i get the error message cannot find DiskDirector.exe,

The shown path is C:\Programs\DD10\DiskDirector.exe"

I don't understand why the path is C:\ and when ik look in to the plugin I can't find Diskdirector.exe also.

Can anyone help me with this?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you actually installed DD10 and TI 10 ?

Colin

3. chona

chona Registered Member

Yes, of course. Only the OS selector is not installed because i don't need it yet.

I have TI8 corporate installed.

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi chona,

You have two separate problems here.

First, the C: issue. If you build BartPE based on a WinXP/SP1 source disk, your boot CD drive will be assined a drive letter sequentially after the HDD's in the system. Did you build on SP1? If so, do you see any HDD's in your BartPE? If not, you need to provide a driver for the controllers they are attached to. Put the drivers in the pebuilder\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. If you build using a WinXP/SP2 source disk, your boot CD will have the drive letter X: assigned.

Second, no DiskDirector.exe in the plugin. Did you install DD10 to the default location? There may also be a problem based on what build of DD10 you are using. The default location for DiskDirector.exe could be either "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director" or "C:\Program Files\Acronis\DiskDirector". What build of DD10 are you using? Just make sure all the files from that location are in the \Files folder of the plugin.

5. chona

chona Registered Member

Hello Mustang,

Am I happy to hear from you.

The default location of diskdirector.exe is C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director. I don't know what build DD10 i have at this moment. I am not at home yet.

I use XP Pro Sp2 and the boot CD has the drive letter X: assigned.

It looks like DD10_Get_Files+Lic.cmd of your plugin doesn't copy the file.
    I am going to do this manually and see what happens.

By the way can you explain to me what the meaning of z_UpperFilters\UpperFilters.inf is?

This is the only plugin giving me trouble. After this ,with your help, my ultimate Bootcd will be complete.

6. mustang

mustang Developer

If you use any plugins to provide a Windows like shell (XPE for example), they will overwrite the Upper Filters and DD10 will not work. Plugins are proceesed in alphabetical order, so the last to process will overwrite all that came before. The z_UpperFilters plugin should process after all your other plugins and will give you a chance to add other Upper Filters needed by other plugins.

7. chona

chona Registered Member

System Information:
    DD10 installed on C:\Program Files\Acronis|DiskDirector\diskdirector.exe.
    DD10.0 build 2,077.

I run the DD10_Get_Files+Lic.cmd after that i copied alle the files manually form C:\Program Files\Acronis|DiskDirector\ to the plugin/files.

Started bartpebuilder and tried to check the plugin and now i am getting the message "failed to check the plugin. missing Files*.* and the plugin cannot be activated in the pebuilder.

Now i am lost.

8. mustang

mustang Developer

I would advise you to update DD10 to build 2117. Do an unistall before you install the new build. Check to make sure C:\Program Files\Acronis\DiskDirector is gone before you install. If it is still there, delete it. Now install the new build. The plugin should work fine.

9. chona

chona Registered Member

Thanks Mustang.

I'll try and let you know the outcome!

10. chona

chona Registered Member

Finally, It works.

Mustang thank you very much. You did a wonderful job.

This topic can be closed. Problem solved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.