BartPE - directory contents ok?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by youp, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youp

youp Registered Member

I'm building a BartPE TI restore CD based on the 'Beginner's guide to creating a BartPE cd' (XP on gigabyte P35 board).
    I'm not sure about the contents of the different directories to fill. Can somebody check?

I did it this way:

RTL8111-NonVista (downloaded from the gigabyte site):
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\Win98SE
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\Win2000
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\WinMe
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\WinXP
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\_setup.dll
    \drivers\net\RTL8111-NonVista\data1.cab
    I think I can delete the Win98SE, 2000 and ME directories. Right?

SataRaid-drivers downloaded from the gigabyte site
    (same drivers as I installed on XP using F6):
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\iaahci.cat
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\iaahci.inf
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\iastor.cat
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\iastor.inf
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\iastor.sys
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\license.txt
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\readme.txt
    \drivers\SCSIAdapter\SataRaid\txtsetupoem

\plugin\Trueimage...\Autorun0_StartAcrSvc.cmd
    \plugin\Trueimage...\Reset-plug.cmd
    \plugin\Trueimage...\TIC...
    \plugin\Trueimage...\PRE\inf.dat
    \plugin\Trueimage...\PRE\ReatogoIni.exe

The PEbuilder help window says Enabled 'no' for Acronis TI ... Is that right?

Thanks for help.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If this is your first attempt at building I would not delete anything until you build the first one successfully. Are you using one of Mustang's plugins? If so you to have run the Autohelp script file found in the plugin\Trueimage folder. Other wise in the plugin list in PEbuilder click th Enable/Diasble button and it should change to "Yes".

3. youp

youp Registered Member

Yes, it's my first try to build a BartPE disk.
    I'm using the 'Beginner's guide'. I clicked the 'Plugins' button in the PEbuilder-window, hit the 'Help' button on the list of plugins and continued with the instructions "Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 9 Plugin with or without Universal Restore for builds 3625 an up". I suppose these are the Mustang plugins?
    I run TrueImage9\TICW9-Get_Files+Lic.cmd as instructed and after this the "Acronis TrueImage..." plugin was 'enabled'.
    I choose 'Close' and got the error-window:
    Error: plugin Check failed.
    Plugin: Acronis True Image...
    Missing files: files\*.*
    'Help' to find more info about the plugin
    'Config' to configure the plugin.

'Help' gives back the "Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 9 Plugin with or without Universal Restore for builds 3625 an up" instructions.
    'Config' gives the message "No configuration tool available for plugin 'Acronis True Image...'
    File=C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\
    TrueImageCorporateWorkstation9\TrueImageCW9.inf"

Something wrong with the directories in my first post?

4. thomasjk

You are using TI9 Corporate WS correct? If not you have the wrong plugin. Is it installed in the default directory on C: which is where Mustang's script looks? If not then read the following especially post #7:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=167917&highlight=files+missing.

5. youp

youp Registered Member

TI9.1 Corp WS is right.
    In C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\TrueImageCorporateWorkstation9 I can see 2 directories (files and pre) and 7 files.
    In \files, I have \common files and \drivers; the first with 8 directories all filled with files, the last with 6 files.

I changed the '1' in '4', as mentioned in that post #7, but it makes no difference.
    Where can I find a log of the build?
    I noted down some info from the screen (as I run the build already before, the program stopped on each line to ask permission for overwriting)

- Get the needed files from the host system to the plugin
    File not found -*.*
    0 files copied
    File not found -*.*
    0 files copied
    \common files\cdRecord\cdrecord2.exe copied
    \common files\cdRecord\growisofs.exe copied
    \common files\cdRecord\readcd.exe copied

- Licence ok
    - Create z_Upperfilters plugin ok
    - Enable decomlaunch plugin
    Plugin is ready

After clicking "Close", I get the same error as before.
    A C:\pebuilder3110a>BartPE directory (output) does not exist.
    Can the "WindowsXPE plugin from Sherpya - Reatogo version of BartPE" make some difference?

6. thomasjk

Navigate to your PEbuilder directory with windows explorer and verify that the BartPE directory exists or not. You may want to start over and reinstall BartPE. I don't remember if the BartPE subdirectory is created when the initial install is done. I do know that it gets deleted and rebuilt when you rebuild your disk.

Yes, I experienced an issue with it. Rebuild with it disabled. You should have a pebuilder log file in C:\pebuilder3110A. It is plain text and can be opened with notepad. Also from the XPE.HTM file:
    "NOTE Important: you should DISABLE Startup Group and PELoader/Nu2Shell plugins if you run XPELogon as the shell (Default configuration, BTW XPE provides same features)."

7. youp

youp Registered Member

Sorry, but there was no \BartPE dir and no logfile because no build was done. Misunderstanding!:oops:
    I stopped after the errormessage that appeared by hitting the "Close'-button on the plugins listing.
    Now I just deleted that plugins-window with "X" and hit the build button in the PEbuild window.
    After a while the build was stopped because of 5 errors and 92 warnings.

- Error: cannot find file c:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\net\rtl8111_NonVista\Win2000\Rtenicxp.sys
    c:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\net\rtl8111_NonVista\Win98SE\Rtenicxp.sys
    c:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\net\rtl8111_NonVista\WinME\Rtenicxp.sys
    With \WinXP it was ok -> Adding Rtenicxp.sys
    I suppose this can be repaired by deleting the Win2000, Win98se and WinME directories?

- Error: SetupDecompressOrCopy file() "d:\winxp\i386\Netfxocm.inf" to "C:\pebuilder3111a\BartPE\i386\inf\Netfxocm.inf" 2 The system cannot find the file specified.
    I couldn't find Netfxocm.inf on my system (Search).

- Error: SetupDecompressOrCopy file() "d:\winxp\i386\*.* to "C:\pebuilder3111a\BartPE\programs\TrueimageCW9\files\*.* 3: The system cannot find the pad specified.
    Indeed the C:\pebuilder3111a\BartPE\programs directory does not exist.

92 warnings 'file not found'.

How can I repair these things?
    I have a pebuilder.log, too big to post here (190KB). Can I mail it to you if, you think it's necessary?
    Do I have to delete something before doing a new build?

PS: As far as I understand, I did not use the Windows XPE plugin or Reatogo. It was just recommended in the "Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 9 Plugin with or without Universal Restore for builds 3625 an up" instructions.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  8. thomasjk

Yes. Delete those drivers folders. What source are you using to build? Is it an OEM version of XP from Dell etc?
    I would suggest that you start over. Delete your BartPE installation and make a copy of your TI plugin. Then try building a BartPE with no added drivers or TI plugin. Let me know if that is successful. Here is a link for a driver package that may work better http://downloads.littlbuger.info/?dlid=528.

9. youp

youp Registered Member

I copied the \plugin dir and deleted the whole c:\pebuilder 3111a dir.
    Then I just ran pebuilder3111a.exe again and hit "build" at once. The log gave 1 error (the netfxocm.inf file) and 92 warnings 'file not found'.

My OS is XP sp2, no oem, no Dell.
    On my old pc, I found a C:\windows\inf\netfxocm.inf
    Can I just copy it over?

To download that driver package, do you mean the UBCD4Win Drivers 2.0 download?

10. thomasjk

Does your build source have any updates integrated beyond SP2? If it does then this may be the cause of your problem. PM me and I'll give you my email address so you can send me your log file. Yes the driver file is for UBCD4WIN but it will work for BartPE. You can try copying the file over but I don't think that will work. Did you point pebuilder to your XP source file?

11. youp

youp Registered Member

Problem solved!

As often is the case, a small change can give big problems.
    The basic problem was that in TICW9-Get_Files+Lic.cmd, a value %ProgramFiles% is used, defined by Windows XP. By default it points to "C:\Program Files". But I do install applications in "C:\Programmas", so the build could not find the original True Image files it needs.
    Simple changing that link solved the problem.:p

Thanks to Thomasjk and others that helped me.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.