BartPE build error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dean B, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Hi,

I have downloaded Mustangs TI10 Plugin and it appears to install correctly. Following the guide I get to 'Build' and get one error -

Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\WinXP CD\I386\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*" to "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\TrueImageH10\Common Files\Drivers\files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*" 3: The system cannot find the path specified

It seems to be looking for a strange path. Should I create these folders myself and try again?

I do have an empty C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE\Programs\TrueImageH10\Common Files\Drivers

I've attached the complete build log.

Any help appreciated.

-Dean

Attached Files:

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You have space in the path C:\WinXP CD. Eliminate the space and rebuild.

3. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Thx for replying.

Changing the path to just WinXP unfortunately made no difference. Still the same path error.

-Dean

4. como

como Registered Member

I copied the I386 folder to a external drive, if I point the build window to external drive:\I386 I get a message that PEBuilder cannot find the folder, so i removed I386 from the path and PEBuilder worked, from this try pointing to C:\WinXP CD\ and PEBuilder should hopefully find the I386 folder

5. mustang

mustang Developer

You need to read the help file with the plugin and follow the directions.

6. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Paul,

I did read your help file and was careful to follow your directions, placing folders where required and running AutoHelp.cmd. Your closing window indicated the plugin had installed correctly.

-Dean

7. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Dean,

I looked through the log you posted. My aplogies, it does look like you have properly configured the plugin. Do you have any files showing under the plugin at C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\TrueImageHome10\Files\Common Files\Drivers? You should normally see 4 or 5 files there. If you don't have any files there, you will get that error. Look under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers. Do you see 4 or 5 files there? These files should have been copied to the plugin when you ran AutoHelp.cmd. It looks like something has gone wrong, but I don't know why without being able to see your system.

If you can't figure out what is wrong, edit the TrueImageH10.inf file in the plugin. Change the 1 at the end of the following line to a 4.

Code:
    files\Common Files\Drivers\*.*=f,,[B]4[/B]
    This will tell pebuilder not to complain if the files are missing. I don't think these files are needed for the plugin to work properly.

8. chip718

chip718 Registered Member

I had the exact same problem and cahngeing the 1 to a 4 did remove the Error. However, I stiill have a Warning that reads: Building from an OEM version of Windows can mean trouble...

9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That warning generally will not be a problem. It just means that you are building from an OEM cd some of which are highly customized like Dell. Dell CDs can cause problems during the build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.