BartPE and Mustang's plugins - What are they and what do they do?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeM980, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeM980

MikeM980 Registered Member

I have read through the forums and keep seeing people talk about BartPE and Mustang's plugins. Can some please explain to me what both of these are for and what the do? I am having trouble exploring/recovering my .tib file and would like to know if I would have any use for these products. Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

These products basically allow you to make a boot CD that uses XP or 2K operating environment and drivers as opposed to Acronis's Linux boot environment.

The advantages are only apparent if ---

The Linux environment doesn't recognise/ work efficiently with some of your hardware.

Using the Linux based rescue CD your external restorations or imaging takes a long time - compared to the same running under windows.

Are you having a problem exploring your 'tib' files under Windows or from the rescue CD?

What is the problem you are having?

Which version of TI are you using?

Is the rescue CD from that version or an earlier one ? - if problem is from using the CD.

Colin

3. MikeM980

MikeM980 Registered Member

I can't explore my .tib files under windows or from the rescue CD. I thought that once you create a new incremental image you can delete the previous one but I recently learned that is not the case.

I need to know if there is anyway possible to restore at least part of the date within the .tib files I have (2 of the 4).

I am using version 9.0 home and the rescue CD is from the same version.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeM980,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there is no way to restore (even partially) or mount a multivolume image archive in case some of the volumes are missing. You can only restore\mount the initial full image in case you have deleted the first incremental backup.

In order to avoid such unpleasant situations you should keep all incremental images created before the point in time you want to restore to as each new incremental image is based on the initial full image along with all previously created incremental images, i.e. contains only the data changed since the last full or incremental image has been created.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.