bart pe my experience

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by clansman77, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

just wanna let you guys know that there is very good piece of software out there and its completely free..i know many of you guys know about it.but this is for those who dont know about it or hasnt tried it..i was saved from a reformat due to this ultimate tool.uninstallation of one of my software went bad , i got a corrupted registry, so couldnt boot into windows.i had only an old image as a backup and i didnt want to restore it.,there was no asr disks so recovery console didnt work also my floppy drive had stopped working longtime ago.last known good configuration also didnt work ..so i decided to try this tool.

BARTPE -I BOOTED INTO BART PE AND did a restore of my registry which i had backed up and then rebooted and boom - my xp installation came back alive.everything was perfect .. so i decided to share this info with you guys over here..below are some useful links to bart pe

homepage-- http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder

forum-- http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

plugins repository--- http://www.bootcd.us/BartPE_Plugins_Complete.php

there are other repositories for plugins if anybody need them i can post them..

the basic requirements for bartpe are

1-a windowsxp installation cd slipstreamed with servicepack2 or windows2k3 cd .if you dont have the cd then atleast the main cd contents on harddrive is only needed and dont be scared slipstreaming is very simple ..there are good softwares that do it automatically saving you the manual steps of slipstreaming in case you only have nonslipstreamed windowsxpcd .. i can post links for that..even pebuilder has an option for that..

2-pebuilder

3-you may require plugins for applications that you need to have in the cd..there are several available plugins for common softwares you can find them in the forum and repositories..bartpe comes preinstalled with some plugins which are enough for a basic system rescue .. for some rare applications you need to buid them yourself..and thats easy with lots of help from the forum members and there are several utilities for that too..

4- you need to have windowsxp or2k3 installed on your harddisk too to build the bartpe..

5-a cd-rw

the advantages i have with this bartpe are..
    1- i can perform complete defragmentation of my harddrive with multiple softwares like dirms,defragnt,or powerdefragmentor,perfectdisk etc..

2- i can scan my system with multiple av as i like and can even update them..this comes handy in virus inflicted systems.i currently have plugins for antivir,f-prot,mcfee,clam-av, and trendmicro sysclean- fprot is the only paid one.i utilise the superdat for mcfee. all others are freee....there are plugins avilable for kav personal,stinger,nod32 too..

3-i can run several softwares from bartpe and can keep my windows installation on harddisk free of junk

4-perform antispyware scans too

5-in case something goes wrong and my system cant boot and the imaging software doesnt work then
    i can always count on bartpe

6-recover lost files and data thru free recovery softwares..

7-you can run any software that needs to be run under safemode like ntfs streams eraser under bart pe..

8-your harddisk needs some rest sometimes.you can use bartpe instead.

9-you even can watch a dvd movie or listen to favourite mp3s under bartpe..there are no limits truly with bartpe..

one word of caution though , once you start playing around with bartpe you will get more and more involved with that .its very addictive.. so try it and havefun

below are some screenshots of my bartpe .hehe..yes i am writing this from within bart pe.. it took about 3 weeks to get me this far.. :D

Attached Files:

2. clansman77

another screenie

Attached Files:

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

4. clansman77

@gerard
    from what i read from the site thats a virtual linux machine that can be run on on windows and linux right??it is installed on a usb drive and offers mobility-i didnt do an in depth reading though..does this have system rescue capabilities too like bartpe??and i guess that the software is not free right??

and in bartpe windows is pre installed on a cd rom and you boot from it.you can run almost all of the common applications and softwares from the cd.there is virtually no need of the harddisk.

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

TVPM is absolutely free. Yes, you burn it to a CD and can use it to browse, file management, etc. Metropipe puts a demo of their tunneler software on the disk. That's their purpose in doing it. But it's a free download with no time restrictions. Also, a nice guy named Sheldon Botha has compiled a "BartPE-Secure Edition" that is full of privacy and security-related tools. He posts a lot at security-forums in this group:
    http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41
    Just run a search and you'll find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.