Balmer on piracy (in China)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's really no wonder a key MS investor wants the guy to step down. Gates might have been a little shady, but Ballmer is just a clown without the rubber nose and water-squirting flower. Hell, Office alone can cost the same as a pretty decent home system. I wonder if he forgets that there is this little world issue going on called "economic collapse"? Well, perhaps not collapsed, but it's about as close as it gets. I wonder if he also knows that whatever growth China does see, rarely gets into the pockets of Chinese citizens themselves?

I wonder if he also knows that the Chinese government likely doesn't care what he thinks because they're too busy playing with his precious software for use as weapons? I wonder if he knows that they're most probably using Linux anyway for their own use? I wonder where he got the silly arse idea that India is any better about piracy? I wonder what else he knows, or, rather, doesn't know?

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Microsoft are not really against piracy. 500 million customers are 500 million customers, paying or not paying.
    Mrk

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

There's a lot of truth in that. They prefer people use their pirated software rather than another OS. Numbers are numbers.

Of course, the stock price has given negative returns over the last few years. And if you count the lost opportunity (putting the same money in Apple or Google), investors in MS will be a pretty glum lot.

5. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

While the Chinese are quite savvy, it's possible to find other "compliant" governments in the third world who will buy software if enough transfers are made to ministers' off-shore accounts. I wonder if Wikileaks will ever come up with something about that. Although the gent seems to be striking deals about who gets what information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.