Balloon alerts

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by alley, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alley

alley Registered Member

First, thanks to Jason/Ghost Security for this excellent program. It's a great addition to my security apps. I hope you guys will consider making a program watching file modification :)

Back to RegDefend 2: will the option to turn off balloon alerts be added back in? Now I get an awful lot of alerts about items being blocked. In addition to protecting security-related keys I use RegDefend to keep my Windows Explorer settings (window position etc) unchanged. These are some of the protected registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\*Bag** | * | CREATE KEY, MODIFY KEY, SET VALUE, DELETE VALUE | Block | Explorer | 1
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\*Bag** | * | CREATE KEY, MODIFY KEY, SET VALUE, DELETE VALUE | Block | Explorer | 2

I wouldn't mind not seeing balloon alerts when these harmless keys are blocked from being modified.

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi Alley,
    I don't know if you can disable the alerts in RD,but if you have WinXP you can disable the balloon tips through Windows by editing the registry,go to:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\

Create a DWORD value of EnableBalloonTips and give it a value of 0 (1 re-enables them,or just delete the value)

This disables them completely for every app. etc. though, so it's up to you. (you still get the pop sound though so you know you would have got tip/alert from whatever tried to give you one).

Not sure of other versions of Win though.

Tonyjl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.