Ballmer says you need to be a scientist to use Android phones.

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by linuxforall, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

http://www.muktware.com/blogs/2748

"He is in fact correct, only the dumbest of the dumb people are using Windows phone," said Niyam Dubey, an analyst with EyeDeeGee Ltd.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

3. linuxforall

Of course Linux is obscure, cheap and for nerds, Android is cheap and complex, Windows is for smart users like Ballmer and Co. ;)

4. x942

x942 Guest

I hate to say it but if that was the case why doesn't WP7 out sell Android? lol

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Probably because it's a POS, lol. I'm not all that certain Ballmer has too many more ears turned in to his ramblings. The meetings around the Microsoft compound these days, goes about like this:

Ballmer *does the now extraordinarily overdone running upon the stage, breaking into dance and sweat* "Wooooohoooo!"

MS Employees: *Eye rolling throughout the auditorium* "Oh for God sake"

This will be followed by an hour or so of MS dreaming and dumb arse ideas that not even the employees believe are good. I miss Bill.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  6. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

I must be a scientist then because I use Android ;)

7. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Hey look, the trolls have escaped from the zoo again. Have you guys even tried WP7? No? Please ~Phrase removed~ then. Ubuntu is also a POS right? Because it only has several million people using it instead of the 400+ million Windows 7 has. Right? No? So WP7 is bad because it has less users than Android, but desktop Linux is not bad though it only got a fraction of the market...

@x942, walk into ANY mobile shop, which phones do you see? 80% android phones, 19% iPhone, 1% Windows/blackberry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
  8. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I think it's less "trolls" and more "people annoyed that a CEO just called out the most widespread operating system" but I actually think the Windows phones are cool.

9. Martijn2

That is the job of a CEO, calling the competition bad. Like Google's Eric schmidt: http://www.winrumors.com/googles-eric-schmidt-talks-microsoft-recommends-macs/ , or search a vid with Steve jobs talking about MS.

10. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Why do you think that? I don't own a smartphone yet but I've been trying them all to make a decision as I may spoil myself for Christmas. The limited range of phones puts me off Windows Phone, but I think the UI is awesome.

11. Hungry Man

Schmidt says that if you want to avoid viruses use a Mac. Somehow that's bashing microsoft. And even if he were bashing microsoft... the fact that he's a CEO means we should just say "Oh ok let's not get annoyed about it." ? lol of course people will be annoyed when someone bashes the product they purchased.

12. Martijn2

I actually have a WP7 compared to some other people talking about it. It's not the holy grail, but it does it's job well. New phones will be released coming months (Nokia will release some in November). Customer satisfaction is higher than Android: http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/w...-overtakes-android-for-user-satisfaction.html

13. Hungry Man

This is how I feel as well.

14. Martijn2

what about: " Speaking at All Things Digital on Tuesday, Schmidt made a number of remarks against Microsoft. Microsoft is “not driving the consumer revolution,” he said, referring to the company’s Xbox business. He says Xbox is “not a platform at the computational level.”

"

15. Hungry Man

Saying "[windows is] not driving the consumer revolution" is not quite like saying "[windows is] cheap and complex."

Do you see how one is different?

And even if every CEO was blatantly insulting the competition it doesn't mean we have to say "oh ok" and not retort.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I don't think that. It was a sarcastic remark :) I hate smartphones in general, so I'm on neither side, lol. My comments about Ballmer on the other hand, I stand by. The guy is no Bill Gates.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  17. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

is he promoting linux(android) instead of windows :D just wondering LOL

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Both Microsoft and Apple are clearly scared of Google Android dominance.

19. linuxforall

20. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

What a load of crap. My mother has no problems using her motorola defy and she is not tech savvy at all. Android is no more difficult to use than windows imo.

21. linuxforall

Thats one seriously good phone, waterproof, dustproof and shockproof as well with excellent Android rendition to boot.

22. x942

x942 Guest

I was tempted not to reply but here we go:

1) Yes I have used WP7. Actually I went from black berry to WP7 to Android to iOS to Android. WP7 Was to worst IMO. Why? Not enough apps. Not enough support. Locked down.

2) I never said WP7 was a POS because no one used it. I joked that Ballmer called out android for being to complicated while MS can't even sell WP7 that well. If you need to be a scientist than I guess the majority of the world is.

3) You argument on Linux makes no sense.

4) I don't know where you live but last time I checked there was only 1 (ONE) iPhone. How this can be 19% on display is beyond me. At least where I live (Canada) there are an equal number of WP7 phones to android phones on display. Android still outsells WP7. So again you can't say it's a limited handset thing. Flawed statistics are flawed statistics. 1 iPhone at a time is not 19% of anything. What store has more than 1 iPhone selling? MAYBE to clear out stock but then it's just the latest version out.

23. Xaronic

Xaronic Registered Member

Android gets a bad name by the manufacturers who put crappy hardware with a badly modified Android OS that is packed full of useless software.

Yes HTC I'm looking at you

24. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Maybe we trolls should learn the monkey dance.

25. Martijn2

1) I disagree with you on that, but that's your opinion.
    4) My apologies, 19% percent was a overestimate since there are only 3 iPhones available now (3gs, 4 and 4s). So that makes it what, ~90% android and the rest iPhone/BB/Wp7/symbian? Proofs my point even more that Android is pushed more. In Canada there are equal number of Wp7 on display as Androids? That's hardly believable, that's certainly not the case here in the Netherlands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.