Baidu Antivirus 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Feb 27, 2013.

1. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Re: Baidu Antivirus 2013 (Beta)

There's no such thing as right and wrong. It's all a matter of perspective. Everything is relative.
    Though it makes no sense from a user's point of view not to use a product when it's only to their advantage to do so just because of some delusional notion of superiority associated with such a choice.

But hey, your loss.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I disagree, but I'm not going to argue ethics with you... ~ snipped segment ~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Lets go back a bit on the Chinese Anti-Malware landscape. Kingsoft was its on company. Then we had Keniu come along (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=273446&highlight=Kingsoft) which was Kaspersky + Kingsoft Cloud. Supposedly Keniu and Kingsoft merged back in 2010 (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=286424&highlight=Kingsoft). Kingsoft supposedly just did this deal with Badiu which uses some of the Keniu tech they got way back in 2010. So Kaspersky seems like it may be legit :D

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

That's good to know. Baidu is a large publicly traded company, so I would be surprised if they would knowing steal another companies property, at least without being able to cover it up.

5. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Oh thanks, that makes sense ! :thumb:

6. Gorilla P

Gorilla P Registered Member

I didn't mean to stir a moral debate, but only state facts and that there is a moral issue at hand (whether you choose to accept morality in general or not is up to you). I haven't seen any evidence indicating the the Kaspersky sigs are legitimately or fraudulently obtained. Until I do, I won't suggest anything. However judging this AV strictly on its performance with all BS aside, I was very unimpressed. It looks like there's definitely potential here, but it just failed. (see below)

Not to mention, the "Best Free AV" discussion seems to have come to quite an abrupt end with BitDefender releasing their Free AV. It is the same AV technology used in BIS 2013. It's also X64 compatible, It's pretty hard to argue with that. I dumped Panda Cloud on my machines today.

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

To cut a long story short,you are saying that Baidu is useless..Would that be a fair judgement.

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I believe in Baidus current state, it is ok, but there are better alternatives.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

It is fairly new so lets give the program a chance.Ive only gone by what another poster has put...I have not used it so i will not pass judgement.

10. spywar

spywar Registered Member

People don't quite understand that this product is new and in beta stage. Just like Morro (MSE) was...

11. xpcasa

xpcasa Registered Member

Baidu Antivirus 2013 installed on day 08/03/2013 , and he says:

Version: 3.0.1.22221 / Virus database version: 02/28/2013 16:00:00

Today is 11/03/2013, I click Update and continues 28/02/2013 16:00:00.

Says Update !

Is it?

o_O

12. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

My version has updated the vdb many times over the last few days and updated the prog today, it reads .............

Version 3.0.1.23127 virus db 12/3/2013

13. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Looks like the old kingsoft is back with the Baidu AV 2013 ha ?!

btw How does that HIPS and proactive security work ? are they working efficiently?

14. spywar

spywar Registered Member

This needs more tests.

15. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

This needs alot more tests :D

16. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I was about to try Kingsoft AV. Would you still recommend it? or do I just try this new Baidu?

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Kingsoft English is a dead ship in the water floating aimlessly.

18. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Well from my experience baidu antivirus does not work with sandboxie or any sandboxes. It will not allow sandboxie and comodo sandboxed/virtualize browser to run. also it does not like shadow defender, since it crashes the pc in a loop. Anyway it is very buggy an needs time to mature hopefully. If these issues are fixed then it s a great softare to have.

19. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I have Baidu AV and sandboxie running at I'm not having any problems. I'm running Firefox, updated sandboxie and am on a 32bit system.

I agree that it does need some time to mature. I think given some time it will be a great cloud AV. It's still in beta so lets just see how it progresses.

20. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

No go for me then... :doubt:
    Thank you for the advise.

21. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Although i prefer being Av-less , i'd like to give it a shot bcuz of my special respect for kingsoft, :thumb:

22. taleblou

Strange ? for me on my win 7 ultimate 32bit the sandboxie icon turned yellow with a "!" and the when clicked to open or run , I got error saying certain driver of sandboxie could not initiate. I tried reboot and restarting sandboxie and nothing worked. I tried uninstalled it and used comodo fierwall and use its browser sandbox/ virtualization and IE or chrome would not open. I uninstalled baidu antivirus and all was back to normal.

maybe because I used the maximum or optimized the protection, setting to the highest protection setting rather then default settingo_O
    But comodo time machine beta 2.9 worked well and problem free with baidu. So its a bonus.

23. taleblou

luckily I had comodo time machine and used a snapshot to return to it to get pass the restart loop.

24. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

You mean it doesn't like SD installed with it or actually. When SD is running in shadow mode?

25. taleblou

When I installed SD with baidu AV already on my system and when SD asked for reboot; after reboot the pc went into a loop and would not get to windows. even safemode did not work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.