Bagle Worm alert...what do I do next please?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Piecan, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Sorry about this I've not come across these before. I've had two emails now pretending to be from Ebay. I haven't opened them but my NOD imon has picked them up saying they can't be cleaned so I've clicked on delete. Is it now safe to just delete these emails? I've done a system scan and all seems clean and everything is up to date. Also on the email can I right click and go to properties to see where this email is being directed to as I have more than one email address? If I could find out to which address these are being sent I will bin the email address. Thanks for your help. Andie

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

If NOD is picking it up, then you are most-likely safe. The easiest way to get rid of an infected email is to delete it. It won't be a threat unless you open it. I have seen dozens of the ebay email and NOD has caught them all.

**General rule** If you don't know where it came from...delete it.

3. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Thanks Capp

Is it safe to right click the sender to see which email address they are sending it to?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Those two emails are SPAM, which means Junk-email. If you see any e-mails that say they're from Ebay, just report them and delete them. DO NOT open junk-email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.