BAD_PAGE_POOL BSOD on 4.2.71.2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ulti, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ulti

ulti Registered Member

BAD_PAGE_POOL BSOD on 4.2.71.2 - RESOLVED

I have a BAD_PAGE_POOL BSOD on a new PC install using the latest Eset Smart Security Business Edition version 4.2.71.2

The PC installed on is a:
    Intel i7-2600K CPU
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I've got a minidump and a full memory dump file that I want to upload, but cannot do so.

I suspect that it is caused by Eset Smart Security is because without it, windows runs without causing any errors or BSOD. As soon as I install, on startup, at the login screen, it will give me a BSOD.
    To resolve this, I restored back to the point where Eset wasn't installed. And voila, no more BSOD.

I did a quick overview of the minidump file, it points to the ntoskrnl.exe as the source of crash. But I find it odd. I suspect it is more Eset causing this.

Anyways, please let me know how I can provide you with the dump file(s). I'd prefer to use your software as I am temporarily using Microsoft's Free Security Essentials.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling Anti-Stealth make a difference?

3. ulti

ulti Registered Member

Just reinstalled and disabled the anti-stealth technology.

Unfortunately, still BSOD...

4. ulti

ulti Registered Member

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your help.
    I have resolved this issue with the Australian ESET support.

The problem was caused by the Etron USB3.0 chipset on my motherboard with a driver that is causing the problem.

I have since updated their driver to v1.01 and so far no crashes as yet. Hope it stays that way.

Who would have thought. That's what happens when you get the latest of the greatest hardware. You are the guinea pig of the manufacturers until they fix their driver problems. :)

In this case, ESET 1 : New hardware 0

Cheers.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The bug in Etron USB 3.0 drivers was discovered some time ago and reported to the vendor. I've created a KB article about this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.