Bad Installation, Please help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Teraclips, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teraclips

Teraclips Registered Member

Hi folks, I "half" installed ESET SS because I'm at my family work and we have connected the PC in red, anyway I was installing it in the server the one that manage the program on the other computers so when I set the firewall in automatic it blocked the other PCs so the programs closed since they needed it ASAP I had to cancel the installation ( BTW it was taking to long comparing other times I have installed the product ) so I clicked on cancel and the PC froze and the task manager didn't work I had to manually turn it off.

Ok after turn it on again I see the icon in red and with incomplete stuff but when I clicked in the ESET uninstall it said that I cannot delete it because is not installed and I even checked in installed programs but it doesnt appear yet I can see a red ESET icon on the tray bar.

Please if someone can help me, thank you in advance.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

3. Teraclips

Hmmm so there isn't a faster way? Oh well thanks.

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi Teraclips,

A quick question. Did you completely uninstall Norton Antibot before installing ESET?

BFG

5. Teraclips

No, this PC has nothing to do with my signature ( if you are referring to that ) this is desktop PC. And yes I checked that any other AV was uninstalled.

6. Teraclips

The problem was that I cancelled the operation when the program was by "installing drivers" it was almost done but they needed the thing running so I had to do it and since it froze I had to shut it down because it didn't restart either.

7. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

I was referring to the signature and I took a shot, hoping that might have been the issue.

Support will have to look at the log as it wasn't.

BFG

8. Teraclips

Ok, thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.