Bad Installation, Please help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Teraclips, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teraclips

Teraclips Registered Member

Hi folks, I "half" installed ESET SS because I'm at my family work and we have connected the PC in red, anyway I was installing it in the server the one that manage the program on the other computers so when I set the firewall in automatic it blocked the other PCs so the programs closed since they needed it ASAP I had to cancel the installation ( BTW it was taking to long comparing other times I have installed the product ) so I clicked on cancel and the PC froze and the task manager didn't work I had to manually turn it off.

Ok after turn it on again I see the icon in red and with incomplete stuff but when I clicked in the ESET uninstall it said that I cannot delete it because is not installed and I even checked in installed programs but it doesnt appear yet I can see a red ESET icon on the tray bar.

Please if someone can help me, thank you in advance.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

3. Teraclips

Hmmm so there isn't a faster way? Oh well thanks.

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi Teraclips,

A quick question. Did you completely uninstall Norton Antibot before installing ESET?

BFG

5. Teraclips

No, this PC has nothing to do with my signature ( if you are referring to that ) this is desktop PC. And yes I checked that any other AV was uninstalled.

6. Teraclips

The problem was that I cancelled the operation when the program was by "installing drivers" it was almost done but they needed the thing running so I had to do it and since it froze I had to shut it down because it didn't restart either.

7. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

I was referring to the signature and I took a shot, hoping that might have been the issue.

Support will have to look at the log as it wasn't.

BFG

8. Teraclips

Ok, thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.